Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/SpaceShipOne
Dawn of a new age: SpaceShipOne, taxi's into the history books, the first of two flights, 16P.
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 10 Mar 2014 at 21:39:06 (UTC)
- Mike Melvill waves to the crowd in a moment that will forever be remembered as one of the first private manned mission's into Space flight 16P. It was the first competitive flight in the Ansari X PRIZE competition.
- Articles in which this image appears
- SpaceShipOne & SpaceShipOne flight 16P.
- FP category for this image
- Support as nominator --WPPilot 21:39, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose Subject of the photo is obscured by the signage at the side of the runway. Nick-D (talk) 22:34, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose - The sign cacs it up. - hahnchen 02:01, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose: I have to agree as well, the airfield guidance sign is really annoying. --CyberXRef☎ 03:10, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Support - The sign doesn't bother me at all.--Mark Miller (talk) 06:58, 1 March 2014 (UTC)
- Oppose. Composition and image blur. Ðiliff «» (Talk) 08:28, 4 March 2014 (UTC)
- Comment — The verb would be taxis — "taxi's" being the possessive form of the noun. Sca (talk) 16:01, 9 March 2014 (UTC)