Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Tako to Ama
Voting period is over. Please don't add any new votes. Voting period ends on 1 Oct 2011 at 08:10:35 (UTC)
- I believe that this image meets the FPC criteria as it is of fairly high resolution and high encyclopedic value. The woodcutting has its own article, and it has been cited as a major influence in shuga, tentacle erotica, and hentai. I am aware that the image, two octopi performing oral sex on a pearl diver, would probably not be allowed on the Main Page.
- Articles in which this image appears
- The Dream of the Fisherman's Wife, Tentacle erotica, Zoophilia, Hentai, and four more
- FP category for this image
- Wikipedia:Featured pictures/Artwork/East Asian art
- Hokusai. Once it reached Wikipedia it had many editors working on it, including Crisco 1492 as uploader of this resolution and Quibik and Materialscientist who cleaned it up.
- Support Has the EV and quality in my view. JJ Harrison (talk) 10:11, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- Comment: Do we know how large the original is? I'd like to support, but I'm interested to know if this reproduction is much smaller than the original. J Milburn (talk) 21:41, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- It may be on the Beate Uhse Erotic Museum website (http://www.erotikmuseum.de) but I cannot access it as I am behind the automatic anti-pornography censors the Indonesian government implemented a while ago. Suffice it to say that we may have the highest resolution / quality scan on the web. Crisco 1492 (talk) 23:06, 22 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support. J Milburn (talk) 09:50, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
- Support good quality and EV. --Elekhh (talk) 01:25, 1 October 2011 (UTC)
- Support Jujutacular talk 01:51, 1 October 2011 (UTC)