Wikipedia:Featured picture candidates/Yellowstone Castle Geyser
- Although it does not have an excellent quality (It's good nough), It does represent a geyser well.
- Proposed caption
- A geyser is a type of hot spring that erupts periodically, ejecting a column of hot water and steam into the air. The name geyser comes from Geysir, the name of an erupting spring at Haukadalur, Iceland; that name, in turn, comes from the Icelandic verb gjósa, “to gush”. Castle Geyser is a geyser in Yellowstone National Park. The geyser has a 10-12 hour eruption cycle. The geyser erupts hot water for about 20 minutes to a height of 90 feet (27 meters) before changing to a noisy steam phase for 30-40 minutes.
- Articles this image appears in
- Yellowstone National Park Castle Geyser List of geysers
- Support as nominator Arad 21:38, 16 October 2007 (UTC)
- Comment - can someone sharpen it a little?--Svetovid 11:22, 17 October 2007 (UTC)
- Oppose I feel that the picture looks a bit sideways and there is not enough focus on the geyser itself. Too broad, in my opinion. NyyDave 14:46, 17 October 2007 (UTC)
- Oppose Unsharp, too much foreground. I opposed this image in the Commons FP vote, the edit, which seems to consist of downscaling and sharpening it, hasn't improved it enough to change my opinion. --Aqwis 18:53, 17 October 2007 (UTC)
Not promoted MER-C 09:14, 22 October 2007 (UTC)