Wikipedia:GLAM/Wikipedian in Residence
A Wikipedian in Residence is a role in which a Wikipedia editor accepts a placement with an institution to facilitate Wikipedia entries related to that institution.
The first Wikipedian in Residence was Liam Wyatt, an Australian Wikipedia editor. His period of the residency was five weeks during which Wyatt aimed to develop the relationship between Wikipedia and the British Museum. Matthew Cock, who runs the museum’s web site remarked: "I looked at how many Rosetta Stone page views there were at Wikipedia - that's perhaps our iconic object - and five times as many people go to the Wikipedia article as to ours."
- Artist in residence
- The Signpost - First Wikipedian in Residence at Smithsonian Institution
- The Signpost - Second museum gets Wikipedian in Residence
- Wikipedian in Residence overview pages
- Category:Wikipedians in Residence
- Venerable British Museum Enlists in the Wikipedia Revolution, by Noam Cohen, New York Times, June 5, 2010 accessed 6 June 2010
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Wikipedians-in-Residence.|