Wikipedia:GLAM/UNIBG/Heritage studies and ICT
The course Heritage Studies and ICT at the University of Bergamo in Italy requires students to contribute to articles on Wikipedia about municipalities and heritage as assignment for the exam. The course is lead by Iolanda Pensa, it has 107 students and it started November 26th, 2020 (contributions by the students will take place for around one year 2020-2021).
|Skill||Details||How to evaluate||Evaluation|
|1||Basic knowledge of the system||Registered user||Existence of a personal account and account on the Wikimedia Dashboard (+ document)||Minimum|
|2||Production of content||Contribution to one article related to a city/town and one article related to heritage in that territory||Dashboard and your personal account||Minimum|
|3||Production of content||More articles (per article)||Dashboard and your personal account||Good|
|7||Production of content||Images (per location)||Dashboard and your personal account||Good|
|Production of content||Improvement of maps on OpenStreetMap||Personal account on OpenStreetMap||Good|
|9||Production of content||Other personal and specific contributions||Document||TBD|
|4||Collaboration||Discussions (discussion page, project)||Dashboard and your personal account||Minimum|
|6||Collaboration||Citations and use of sources||Dashboard and your personal account||Minimum|
|5||Collaboration||Involvment of stakeholders. Cooperation with other people, groups, institutions / involvment of stakeholders / interviews or meetings. Review of other students' articles/contribution or support to other students.||Document||Good|
|8||Licenses, use and reuse||Authorisations for monuments / texts /images||Document and links||Excellent|
|9||Licenses, use and reuse||Reuse of existing content (texts, images, your own work) with correct attribution and license||Document||Good|
|10||Licenses, use and reuse||Practical relevance and fallouts of the assignment||Document||Excellent|
|0||Not done or wrong||Not implemented the minimum - contributions delated, bad behaviours|
|1||Poor||Poor but sufficient to pass. . With any 1, you can not get a 30 or a 30 cum laude.|
|2||Good||Quality and quantity of the contributions, correct behaviours|
|3||Excellent||More than requested and expected. Quality and quantity of the contribution, data collected from different sources and selected with great care, implementation and fallouts, capacity of managing and overcoming problems and difficulties, feedback of the online community|
Method to monitor the contributions
The students are requested to register on Wikimedia Dashboard https://outreachdashboard.wmflabs.org/courses/Università_di_Bergamo/Heritage_Studies_and_ICT?enroll=meqcfkvd
The students need to provide information in a final document with links, description of the contribution, description of the dynamics and results.
What you need to do
- Register on the Wikimedia projects. Go to Wikipedia and create an account or log in if you already have an account.
- Register on Wikimedia Dashboard. Go to the dashboard associated to this exam and register with your Wikimedia account
- Include in your user page some information about you and that you are contributing to the Wikimedia projects within your assignment (example that you can modify as you wish "I am a student in the course Heritage Studies and ICT and I'm contributing to articles about municipalities, territories and heritage in the frame of Wikipedia:GLAM/UNIBG/Heritage studies and ICT [please add the link]"). If you do not write anything in your user page the link will be red.
- Select the articles you want to contribute to
- Identify the sources you will use
- Identify the stakeholders who can provide you content with an open license and eventually contact them
- Add the links to the articles you are contributing to and your name in this page or in the page in Italian (according to the articles you decided to modify)
- When you are ready add a comment in the discussion page about the contribution you plan to add and that the contribution is linked to the assignment (with a link to this page Wikipedia:GLAM/UNIBG/Heritage studies and ICT [please add the link])
- Edit Wikipedia, upload images, contribute to OpenStreetMap (you need to register on OpenStreetMap)
- Upload the document to describe your work for the assignment at least 3 weeks before the exam (see below for the document)
- Send me an email to Iolanda Pensa to inform her that you are ready for the evaluation (please provide the information required below)
Please prepare a final document to describe your experience.
- 1. Open a subpage for the exam. Example
- User:iopensa/Heritage studies and ICT 2020-2021
User:XXXXXXX/Heritage studies and ICT 2020-2021
- 2. Write the information below in your subpage
- Description of the contribution
- Link to the Wikimedia article about the city/town
- Link to the Wikipedia article about heritage
- Discussions (discussion page, project). Description of the contribution and the dynamics with links
- Citation and use of sources. Description of the contribution with links
- Links to other articles you contributed to
- Links to images uploaded on Wikimedia Commons (or category)
- Contribution to OpenStreetMap, username and description of the contribution
- Involvement of stakeholders (cooperation with other people, groups, institutions / involvment of stakeholders / interviews or meetings. Description, dynamics and results
- Authorisations for monuments / texts /images. Description and links
- Reuse of existing content (texts, images, your own work) with correct attribution and license. Description and links
- Practical relevance and fallouts of the assignment. Description and results
- 3. Write me an email with a link to your subpage of the exam and any personal information
- Expected date of the exam
- Your name and lastname
- Student number
- Any information you do not wish to share publicly in your subpage (for example names of people, events you prefer to communicate privately)
Send the document 3 weeks before the exam, or January 10th (for the exam January 20th).
Articles on Wikipedia in English and username
- https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrania_Film_Museum → User:Borgiu
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cairo_Montenotte → User:Borgiu
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Verderio → User:DStru
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Michele_Bridge → User:DStru
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spirano → User:Amarena4
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Montanera → User:Bens198
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bens198/sandbox → User:Bens198
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bens198/sandbox1 → User:Bens198
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vimercate → User:Riccardo152
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Gallarati_Scotti,_Vimercate → User:Riccardo152
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cesenatico → User:Sliba97
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liscio → User:Sliba97
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chieri → User:C.fossati1999
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gran_Madre_di_Dio,_Turin → User:C.fossati1999
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotonda_di_San_Tom%C3%A8,_Almenno_San_Bartolomeo → Username: User:FedeFedy1998
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotonda_di_San_Tom%C3%A8,_Almenno_San_Bartolomeo → Username: User:A1998C
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trapani → Username: User:simonella911
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannoli → Username: User:simonella911
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scheggino → Username: User:B.towa
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_of_San_Salvatore,_Spoleto → Username: User:B.towa
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livigno: Username: User:Mosel98
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stelvio_National_Park : Username: User:Mosel98
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torre_dell%27Orologio,_Brescia → Callmemex (talk) 22:33, 22 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seriate → Username:Cafféazzurro
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grassobbio -> Username: Sof1998
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grassobbio → username: Reb1998 Reb1998 (talk) 11:23, 24 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Reb1998/sandbox → Username: Reb1998 (talk) 22:10, 7 January 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busto_Garolfo -> Mtravel18 --Mtravel18 (talk) 16:53, 9 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crespi_d%27Adda → username: Mattiabosatelli
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capriate_San_Gervasio → username:Mattiabosatelli
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_of_Santa_Maria_a_Mare --Sometimesacactus (talk) 10:19, 17 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stracciatella_(ice_cream) → username:Mattiabosatelli
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caldogno → Username: Filcurcio, 10:29, 29 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponte_Vecchio,_Bassano → Username: Filcurcio, 9:39, 29 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ponte_Coperto → Slidestar
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copiano → Slidestar
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teatro_Regio_(Turin) --Euphoria65 (talk) 11:45, 22 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Villa_of_Monza → Username: Alessandra Belli20:07,30 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecco → Username: Alessandra Belli20:07, 30 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monumental_cemetery_of_Brescia → Username: Myaling
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predazzo → Username: ADunibg
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parco_del_Roccolo_(Roccolo_Park)→ Callmemex (talk)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grado,_Friuli-Venezia_Giulia User: --PMTS-i.caputo2 (talk) 21:18, 23 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larciano → Username: Cri97 --Cri97 (talk) 14:43, 26 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castel_San_Pietro_Terme → RolfajieB
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrera_Autopodistica → RolfajieB
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corte_de%27_Frati → Rebswing
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torrazzo_of_Cremona → Rebswing
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loggia_dei_Militi → Rebswing
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boccadasse → Frabckpckr96
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piazza_De_Ferrari → Frabckpckr96
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Focaccia → Frabckpckr96
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prescins%C3%AAua_cheese → Frabckpckr96
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franciacorta → Callmemex (talk) 13:26, 28 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piani_di_Bobbio → Yaia97
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monza → Yaia97
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cartura → User:Mademoiselle20
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paolo_Gamba →--Sometimesacactus (talk) 10:28, 29 December 2020 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Busnago Username: User:IoMaG6
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parco_del_Roccolo_(Roccolo_Park) --Mtravel18 (talk) 11:56, 4 January 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologno_al_Serio → --Sscarles1 (talk) 12:53, 5 January 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zanica → User:SilOli
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lecco → Username: User:laura.annis
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suisio → User:SaraRygo
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villa_Monastero → Username: User:laura.annis
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lindisfarne → Username: User:Mcava19
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piedimulera → Username: RacheleColpo (talk) 20:41, 9 January 2021 (UTC)
- https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monte_Rosa → Username: RacheleColpo (talk) 20:41, 9 January 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gromo Username: User:Sherl1997
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lago_del_Barbellino Username: User:AlessiaDB
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elsoff → Philosoph8588 (talk) 19:25, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Camino_de_Santiago_(route_descriptions) → Philosoph8588 (talk) 19:25, 14 January 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trezzo_sull%27Adda -> User: Martina Ronco
- https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Centrale_idroelettrica_Taccani#/media/File:Power-Station_Taccani_(_centrale_Taccani).jpg - User: Martina Ronco
- https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plaza_de_Espa%C3%B1a_(Siviglia)#/media/File:Piazza_di_Spagna_Siviglia.jpg -> User:Martina Ronco
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stelvio_Pass --> User:Aliuni1998
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevi_Fountain --> User:Aliuni1998
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nembro --> User:Aliuni1998
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valle_Maggia → Valenic (talk) 17:22, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_San_Giovanni_Battista,_Mogno → Valenic (talk) 17:22, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peccia → Valenic (talk) 17:22, 10 March 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sant%27Omobono_Terme → User:Irinakudres
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamon → User:Irinakudres
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamon → User:Kunavithewriter
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pala_group → User:Kunavithewriter
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cismon → User:Irinakudres
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Villongo → --Airb97 (talk) 09:41, 19 April 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predore → --Airb97 (talk) 14:52, 24 April 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marone → User: Ghittig
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Benevento → Simona Chiu
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strega_(liqueur) → Simona Chiu
- Ponte_San_Pietro → User:AkaiNeko21
- User:AkaiNeko21/sandbox → User:AkaiNeko21
- User:AkaiNeko21/sandbox1 → User:AkaiNeko21
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airuno → User:Laura98b
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanctuary_of_Madonna_del_Bosco,_Imbersago → User:Laura98b
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partition_Museum → Satiesh Azam(talk)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandi_Bahauddin → User:Satiesh Azam 6th June, 2021
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbersago → User:I.rovelli1
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monza_Cathedral → User:I.rovelli1
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torre_Boldone Nocciola2021 (talk) 21:43, 23 June 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedrengo Nocciola2021 (talk) 21:43, 23 June 2021 (UTC)
- https://www.openstreetmap.org/changeset/106476102 Nocciola2021 (talk) 21:43, 23 June 2021 (UTC)
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudkhan_Castle → User:Somayehhassanii
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahandasht → User:Somayehhassanii
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheykh_ol-Eslam's_House → User:Somayehhassanii
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toghrol_Tower → User:Somayehhassanii
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polignano_a_Mare → User:Danielapausche
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abbey_of_San_Vito_Martire → User:Danielapausche
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Locorotondo → User:Antonia Pau
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Madonna_della_Greca → User:Antonia Pau
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Padua → User:MyaJourneyBoo
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scrovegni_Chapel → User:MyaJourneyBoo
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palazzo_della_Ragione,_Padua → User:MyaJourneyBoo
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giotto#Scrovegni_Chapel → User:MyaJourneyBoo
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treviso → User:Eli6179
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acireale → User:Eli6179
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protestant_Cemetery,_Rome → User:Chiabase
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Maria_Maggiore,_Bergamo → User:Chiabase
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfo_Boario_Terme#Geography → User:Beatrice_Merzi
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darfo_Boario_Terme#Terme_di_Boario → User:Beatrice_Merzi
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Maria_della_Neve,_Pisogne → User:Beatrice_Merzi
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavriana → User:FabyBetty
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lovere → User:Eu.malonni
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farmhouse_kitchen → User: Alessandra Valmadre
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mazzo_di_Valtellina → User: Alessandra Valmadre
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valtellina → User: Alessandra Valmadre
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Vezzoli97/Church_of_Santa_Maria_Elisabetta_(Bergamo) → User:Vezzoli97
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bergamo → User:Vezzoli97
- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vezza_d%27Oglio → User:Vezzoli97
The dashboard doesn't seem to work properly. What can I do?
In case the dashboard doesn’t register correctly your edits, please add the articles you're editing in Italian on the page dedicated to the exam on Wikipedia in Italian (w:it:Progetto:Coordinamento/Università/UNIBG/Heritage studies and ICT) and here for the articles in English.
Can I delete some wrong data?
Yes, you can. Then, you should add the right information (always with sources!) and you should comment the change in the discussion page.
How can I add an image
Yes, I can, but before uploading it on the page i am editing, i have to add the image on Wikimedia Commons.
My username and sandbox are red, what shall I do?
Pages are red when they do not exist yet. You need to write something inside your userpage to create it. If the userpage is red, it doesn't mean your account does not exist. You should introduce yourself briefly in your userpage (see above). You can create your sandbox when you need it.
Do we have to use sources when we modify Open Street Map?
It's not compulsory. The content can be just observation with no need of sources.
Is it compulsory to write the ISBN code of books?
It is not compulsory. But it's better to do it for the metadata.
Is it ok if the heritage site belongs to a city (ex: Bergamo) different from the city that I chose (ex: Seriate)?
Yes, it's ok.
Should the Heritage site (I'm contributing to) be recognized by UNESCO?
No, not necessary. It can be a heritage site that has at least a material or immaterial meaning for the region/municipality.
No, it's not compulsory. A paragraph or a sentence could be enough, but before doing it make sure that the content is correct.
How can I create the final document?
Enter in your Sandbox (it is located at the top right of the page, between "Talk" and "Preferences"). Write two square brackets, then write "User:Mario.Rossi//Heritage studies and ICT 2020-2021", then write other two quare brackets. Instead of "Mario.Rossi" write your username. If you click on "edit" next to this question, you will be able to see that the sentence User:Mario.Rossi//Heritage studies and ICT 2020-2021 that now you see written in red and with no brackets, it is actually written with two initial square brackets and two final square brackets.
I created a draft page of the museum I'm working at (translation from it to en). The system doesn't let me publish it "live" but just as a draft, because I'm a "new user". What should I do? Here is the link. Thank you
Unlikely, since you are a "new user" you are not allowed to publish it "live". You can put the link to the draft page in the email you will send to the professor so that she will have the possibility to see what you have done. If it is still not clear, feel free to ask more. --Cri97 (talk) 14:40, 26 December 2020 (UTC) @Cri97: Thank you for your answer! Now that I have written different articles, the system allows me to do that. Anyway, thank you indeed! --ADunibg (talk) 17:41, 27 December 2020 (UTC)
The rivers do not need any authorization, since it is a panoramic scenery without any monuments or establishments that require further clearance… As well as the mountains view or even scenery with some heritage sites where heritage is very small and scenery is dominating it.BYrover (talk) 00:39, 9 January 2021 (UTC) Thank you so much! @BYrover --SilOli (talk) 13:35, 11 January 2021 (UTC)
How to create from scratch an info box about heritage site on the right of the wikipage?
The best procedure is to check for a quality or feature article about a similar heritage site and to copy the structure. Infoboxes are created by using a template. You can find more info in the help pages.
What is the difference in creating notes, references, external links, bibliography, see also, to read, etc… when creating a new article? Or it does not matter, the user can start with creating a Cite above? And then treat it as needed under the name of Paragraph?
"Cite" will guide you to add a reference, which will appear in the session "references". Adding references to the text is essential to allow other people to review your work and the information included in the article. The bibliography should only present few essential pubblications; the external links only essential links to main online resources (both bibliography and external link are not always recommended).
Once I have created the final document and sent it to the professor, I also have to upload it in the section 'Ready for the exam' on this page?
No, the session was removed.
The authorization is needed for all historical monuments in Italy if the authorization is not already available. iopensa (talk) 08:19, 28 June 2021 (UTC)
Yes, if the photos are already available on Wikimedia Commons you can use it. But authorization is needed only in some countries (like Italy), not in all countries: check Freedom of panorama. On google you can check the license: if the license is compatible you can use the images and upload them on Wikimedia Commons; you need a CC 0 / public domain, or CC BY or CC BY-SA (you need an authorisation for commercial use and derivative works). iopensa (talk) 08:22, 28 June 2021 (UTC)