From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 10 May 2014 - Page statistics were updated. Interestingly Wikipedia:Your first article now appears to be the second most visited page on Wikipedia (after the Main Page).
- 7 Aug - New newsletter!
- 18 Jun - We now have a series of guidelines for writing help pages.
- 18 Jun - Help:Introduction to talk pages (HELP:TALK) and Help:Introduction to policies and guidelines (HELP:PG) have both been overhauled and updated to use the new introduction design.
- 25 Apr - The fifth project newsletter was released.
- 24 Mar - Refinement effort upon the main help page completed. Headings simplified. Nutshell description improved for each section, with effort to include the most essential instructions and links, to describe Wikipedia's operational core.
- 23 Mar - First pass of the conventional menu and tables of contents revision is completed. Restored its standard format throughout (spatial indents instead of bullets), transplanted misplaced links, and improved its tree structure to be more intuitive.
- 16 Mar 2013 - Moxy built a Help directory that identifies all the redundant and parallel help subsystems. It shows that there are at least 6 independent bodies of content that cover the same subject matter: general help pages, set of FAQs, set of tutorials, set of introductions, set of training modules, and the missing manual.
- 3 Nov - The project now has a subscription to the Article Alerts service. Watch Wikipedia:Help Project/Article alerts for notification when pages are put up for deletion, moving etc.
- 8 Oct - A Request for Comments is underway regarding a redesign of Help:Contents.
- 7 Sep - A new issue of the Help Project newsletter is out!
- 6 Sep - The Article Feedback Tool is now available for use on help pages. Read more...
- 24 Jul - Slides and notes from the Wikimania presentation on the help fellowship are now up.
- 29 Jun - A new issue of the Help Project newsletter is out!
- 29 Jun - A discussion is underway about the purpose and future of the Community portal.
- 29 Jun - Preliminary results from the help pages survey are available.
- 23 May - The first Help Project newsletter is out!
- 15 May - the wub has posted a report on his fellowship work so far, and plans for the future.
- 3 May - Even more statistics about this project's pages are now available, including word count and various readability scores. Fun fact: We have 2 help pages which are over 20,000 words long!
- 27 Apr - A table of pageview statistics is now available for all pages in Category:Wikipedia Help Project. This should be helpful in prioritising improvement work and finding redundant pages.
- 23 Apr - the wub has been appointed as a Wikimedia Community Fellow to help improve Wikipedia's help pages. You can read more about his plans at Wikipedia:Help Project/Community fellowship or in this Signpost article.