Wikipedia:India Education Program/Courses/Fall 2011/Software Testing and Quality Assurance
NOTE: Final deadline is 25th October. Start working on your articles asap. Read other wikipedia articles which are well written. Try to understand the format followed over there and accordingly work on your topics. Make sure the articles are written as per the encyclopedia format ONLY and not in the form of speeches/essays.
P.S:Before making any edits, make sure you are logged in.
|Need help? Click the "Discussion" tab and leave a question or request,
or #wikipedia-en-classroom connect
COEP main building
|Institution||College of Engineering, Pune|
|Course||B. Tech. (IT)|
|Project Course||Software Testing and Quality Assurance|
|Assignment Start Date||TBD|
|Assignment End Date||TBD|
India Online Ambassador(s)
CT 411, Software Testing and Quality Assurance is the course for the final year Information Technology students, at College of Engineering, Pune. The class strength is nearly 80.
The wikipedia based assignments are a part of the course assignments that are alocated 30 marks. Students are required to work on wikipedia page assigned to them. This section is only about the Wikipedia part of the course. (To be updated after discussion with Campus Ambassadors)
- The Directory of WikiProjects is a good place to begin your search. * For more specific classification explore these sources:
2011 July 31
- Overview of the course
- Introduction to the Wikipedia part of the course by User:pw.comp
- Complete this form
2011 Aug 15
- HANDOUT: "Welcome to Wikipedia" brochure
- Campus Ambassadors introduce Wikipedia
- How to edit Wikipedia
- Tips on creating good Wikipedia Pages
- Students to get introduced to Wikipedia browsing
- Students to create user accounts, user pages, and update this page
- Get your Wikipedia page finalized by the instructor
2011 Aug 31
- Students to get assigned a campus ambassador and update this page with the name
- Make first edits to your assigned pages
- Write on talk pages of other students
- STudy at least 10 articles / books on the topic
2011 Sep 15
- Introduction to IRC chat
- The first draft of the article on wiki
- Discuss your updates with the Mentor/Instructor
- Add the following code to the top of your article’s talk page to mark it as the subject of your assignment. Note: You must retrieve the code from the "edit" space of this page.
|This article is the subject of an educational assignment at College of Engineering, Pune supported by Wikipedia Ambassadors through the India Education Program. Further details are available on the course page.|
2011 Sep 30
- Review Meeting involving all participants
- Introduction to Wikipedia Sandboxes
- Write a summary of your changes in your sandbox
- Read another 10 articles on the topic and resppond to the comments on the articles
2011 Oct 15
- Read another 10 articles on the topic and respond to the comments on the articles
2011 Oct 30
- Review the work of at least two other groups
- Possibly update their assigned wiki pages/talk pages
- Finalize the changes to your wikipedia Page. Mention the last edit on this page (deadline: Oct 25th 2011, 6 pm)
- Open discussion with each group about their Wikipedia experience
Instructions for the students
Update this page with listing of your pair in the last section. Also list the page assigned to you and the name of your mentor campus ambassador. On your last edit, update the last edit link as well.
Some helpful resources
- Go to the Wikipedia main page and have a look at all the features of Wikipedia.
- To know the difference between an encyclopedia and an essay look at section 2.2 of this article: Wikipedia:What Wikipedia Is Not
- Go and check out the Help Centre for more resources, guides and videos.
List of students
Please maintain this list in order sorted on Roll No. Also put up links to the pages that you are editing, your user-id.