|Wikipedia Reward Board|
The reward board is an informal page where users who want a specific task related to Wikipedia (such as the promotion of an article to featured article status or the editing of an image) can offer a reward to editors willing to take on the task. The execution and details of the transaction are the responsibility of the participating parties, and the reward can be monetary, goods (books, cookies, etc.), barnstars, or tit-for-tat editing (like improving another article).
The Wikimedia Foundation is not hiring contributors and no payments are made by the Foundation. This is purely a page for editors to offer rewards to other editors. Challenges may remain open for a maximum duration of one year. After that period of time, the challenge will be moved to expired requests; however, the author of the challenge may repost the challenge with a new expiration period. The aim of this policy is to keep the board clutter-free, ensure editors are available to fulfill such challenges, and to ensure the challenges are still valid.
See Wikipedia:Conflict of interest for information about monetary compensation and possible conflicts of interest.
How to offer a reward
If you would like to offer a reward such as the ones below, simply add an entry below. Add all the details that you feel are relevant to the reward, in a format similar to this pattern:
===Reward title=== *'''Offeror''': ~~~ *'''Date offered''': ~~~~~ *'''Request''': What needs to be done to claim the award. *'''Reward''': The reward you are offering. *'''Limit on rewards''': In the case of possible multiple rewards, any limit set. *'''Expires''': Date until which your offer is valid. Max expiration date is one year from offer date.
In the case of a monetary offer, please specify country currency. Numerous countries use the same symbols.
Please place new entries in chronological order of expiration. See Wikipedia:Reward board fulfilled requests for past rewards.
- Offeror: Dexaran (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Date offered: 8:04, 14 July 2017 (UTC)
- Request: Improve Ethereum Classic wikipedia page, provide relevant links and describe relevant list of DApps and services. Add official ETC logo (Ethereum-Classic-logo.png)
- Reward: 5 ETC
- Limit on rewards: 5 ETC for main contributor, 1 ETC for each side contributions (up to 10 ETC max)
- Expires: 8:00, 14 August 2017 (UTC)
|This page has a backlog that requires the attention of willing editors.
Please remove this notice if and when the backlog is cleared.
- Offeror: ThePlatypusofDoom (Talk)
- Date offered: May 31, 2016
- Request: Help writing, expanding, adding links, and getting other editors to help write the humorous essay, The WikiBible
- Reward: A Barnstar, a Kitten, and a Food of your choice.
- Limit on rewards: 1 Barnstar, 3 Kittens,(one Kitten per two paragraphs written), 4 foods (one food per 1 paragraph written).
- Expires: May 31, 2017
- Offeror: Spirit of Eagle (talk)
- Date offered: 6/1/2016
- Request: I am currently expanding an article I previously created on Medal of Honor recipient Voltaire P. Twombly. I will offer a barnstar for one or more of the following:
- A free use image of Twombly’s Medal of Honor. The medal is on display at the Fort Donelson National Battlefield. Here is a copyright image of the Medal of Honor (bottom right): .
A free use image of the flag carried by Twombly at the Battle of Fort Donelson. The flag is currently housed at the State Historical Museum of Iowa. The following article contains a picture of the flag , as does the State Historical Museum of Iowa  (Note: the museum erroneously claims that Twombly received the MoH for carrying the flag at Shiloh).
- Photograph taken by Godsy
- Reward: A barnstar. Please leave a message on my talk page to get your barnstar, or implement the image into Twombly’s article.
- Limit on rewards: One barnstar per image
- Expires: 6/1/2017
Charles Bridge to B-class
- Offeror: C679
- Date offered: 18:03, 9 October 2016 (UTC)
- Request: Charles Bridge is one of the most iconic sights in the Czech Republic. The article is already C-class but needs more thorough referencing. Since it is so famous, numerous sources are available, in a multiplicity of languages. Get the article to B-class by 30 June 2017 (assessment must be conducted by a member of WP:CZ).
- Reward: The Ribbon of National Merit.
- Limit on rewards: Reward may be shared.
- Expires: 30 June 2017.
Biography article on Bhaskar Venepalli
- balaji2009: Balaji2009 (talk)
- 8/23/2016: 18:48, 24 August 2016 (UTC)
- Request: Please create this new article
- Reward: Barnstar.
- Limit on rewards: Six months
- Expires: 8/23/2017
Computing stub expansion
- Offeror: — Esquivalience (talk)
- Date offered: 02:25, 21 September 2016 (UTC)
- Request: Improve a stub related to Computing or Computer Science to a decent-quality Start or C-class.
- Reward: I will improve an article related to Computing/CS of your choice to at least the level of quality you have improved the article to. How far I will improve it depends on tractability and interest. Post on my talk page if you plan to claim the reward.
- Limit on rewards: Three rewards in total.
- Expires: 21 September 2017
Cleanup MRB constant article
- Offeror: Marvin Ray Burns (talk)
- Date offered: 00:32, 4 October 2016 (UTC)
- Request: Cleanup to comply with Wikipedia's content policies, particularly neutral point of view.
- Reward: I should not offer an award due to neutral point of view. Others may though!
- Limit on rewards: There is no limit on rewards.
- Expires: 03 Oct 2017.