|Wikipedia Reward Board|
The reward board is an informal page where users who want a specific task related to Wikipedia (such as the promotion of an article to featured article status or the editing of an image) can offer a reward to editors willing to take on the task. The execution and details of the transaction are the responsibility of the participating parties, and the reward can be monetary, goods (books, cookies, etc.), barnstars, or tit-for-tat editing (like improving another article).
The Wikimedia Foundation is not hiring contributors and no payments are made by the Foundation. This is purely a page for editors to offer rewards to other editors. Challenges may remain open for a maximum duration of one year. After that period of time, the challenge will be moved to expired requests; however, the author of the challenge may repost the challenge with a new expiration period. The aim of this policy is to keep the board clutter-free, ensure editors are available to fulfill such challenges, and to ensure the challenges are still valid.
See Wikipedia:Conflict of interest for information about monetary compensation and possible conflicts of interest.
How to offer a reward
If you would like to offer a reward such as the ones below, simply add an entry below. Add all the details that you feel are relevant to the reward, in a format similar to this pattern:
===Reward title=== *'''Offeror''': ~~~ *'''Date offered''': ~~~~~ *'''Request''': What needs to be done to claim the award. *'''Reward''': The reward you are offering. *'''Limit on rewards''': In the case of possible multiple rewards, any limit set. *'''Expires''': Date until which your offer is valid. Max expiration date is one year from offer date.
In the case of a monetary offer, please specify country currency. Numerous countries use the same symbols.
Please place new entries in chronological order of expiration. See Wikipedia:Reward board fulfilled requests for past rewards.
Stub expanson (2nd revision)
- Offeror: Armbrust The Homunculus
- Date offered: Armbrust The Homunculus 16:53, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
- Request: Expand one of the following stub articles to a Start-class or C-class article.
- Into the Jaws of Death
- Spanish painted frog
- Nembrotha cristata
- Calocoris affinis
- Cymbiola imperialis
- Eckert II projection
- Limit on rewards: Maximum of two Barnstars per article. If you want to collect your prize immediately, then notify me on my talk page.
- Listing expires: 14 February 2016
- Offeror: Rcsprinter123 (talk)
- Date offered: 09:27, 9 July 2015 (UTC)
- Request: Any one (or more) of the articles Hayfield, Buxton, or Glossop raised to GA status, with a GA review passed by an independent reviewer.
- Reward: £10 GBP per article
- Limit on rewards: Maximum of £25 per person on offer. Contact me to claim.
- Expires: 9 July 2016
Your comments for a Barnstar!
- Offeror: Tortle (talk)
- Date offered: 22:02, 1 September 2015 (UTC)
- Request: If you comment on what you think, good or bad, about my proposal in the "a proposal" section of Wikipedia talk:Community portal, I will give you a barnstar. The main issue is that no one is contributing except one user and the conversation needs to stay alive. Thanks and comment on my talk page to claim your reward.
- Reward: One Minor Barnstar
- Limit on rewards: One per commentor.
- Expires: When the conversation ends or a year, whichever is soonest.
A free image of M2M
- Offeror: Freikorp (talk)
- Date offered: 11:46, 1 October 2015 (UTC)
- Request: Upload an image of both members of the band M2M together. Image must have an appropriate licence to appear on the main page.
- Reward: AUD $20
- Expires: 1 October 2016
- Note: I am currently on an indefinite wikibreak, though I will return. Accordingly it may be a while until you get your reward; just leave me a message on my talk page and i'll fix it up when I get back.