From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Original name(s)||VaughanWatch, JohnnyCanuck|
|Wikilifespan||March 2, 2006 — present|
|ISP||Unknown, possibly Bell Canada|
|Known IPs||126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 (more suspected)|
|Physical location||Toronto, Canada|
|Severity||Moderate to High|
|Requests for comment||Eyeonvaughan RfC|
|Instructions||Revert and block on sight|
Some of the issues with VaughanWatch include:
- VaughanWatch makes very POV edits, primarily to Vaughan, Ontario related political pages such as:
- Has unusual views on hockey history, especially related to the International Hockey Hall of Fame, that are not shared by others or backed by references, such as:
- adding uncommon qualifications to the Hockey Hall of Fame such as, "NHL Hockey Hall of Fame" or "NHL sponsored Hockey Hall of Fame" (see Talk:Hockey Hall of Fame#"NHL Hockey Hall of Fame")
- Claiming that the first 40 members of the HHOF were actually inducted into the IHHOF (see Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Inducted members of the International Hockey Hall of Fame) and adding that to many of the player pages (e.g. Newsy Lalonde; the removal of which is usually labelled as vandalism)
- Claiming that the London Lions were affiliated with the NHL (see Talk:History of the National Hockey League#London Lions
- Many of the articles are specifically related to Elliott Frankl, such as:
- Elliott Frankl
- Vaughan municipal election, 2006, where Frankl is running for council
- Alan Shefman, the incumbent Frankl is running against
- International Hockey Hall of Fame, where Frankl is on the Board of Directors
- Mark Potter & Bill Fitsell, who are on the IHHOF board with Frankl
- Keeps adding Frankl to List of famous members of Mensa
- Adding Elliott Frankl to the Frankl disambiguation page
- Junior Chamber International, an organization Frankl is involved with
- Statue of Responsibility, the vision of Frankl's ancestor Viktor Frankl
- When making these edits, he will often engage in editwarring through edit summaries, using his socks to evade 3RR.
- He often places undeserved warning templates on other Users' pages and reverts their removal.
- VaughanWatch frequently attacks .
- Recently, VaughanWatch has begun trolling, with socks, User:Pm shef's talk page and other pages pm_shef has edited such as; ,, .
- Labels edits that he disagrees with as vandalism
- Removes discussions that show him in a negative light with misleading edit summaries such as calling it archiving or removing vandalism or posing a new discussion
- VaughanWatch has an extensive SOCK farm
- VaughanWatch continuously evades his indef block by creating more sockpuppets.
- Uses many sock puppets for AFD votes, such as for:
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Statue of Responsibility (see history, as most votes/comments were removed)
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Inducted members of the International Hockey Hall of Fame (all three keep votes)
- Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Elliott Frankl