About WikiProject Microbiology
This Wikiproject aims to better organize information in articles related to microbiology on Wikipedia.
If you would like to help, feel free to add yourself to the list of participants, or have a look at How you can help section below. Also of interest is the Molecular and Cellular Biology Portal associated with this project. You don't need to know anything about microbiology to help!
This project aims to cover all areas of microbiology including: bacteria, archaea, molds, yeasts, protists, viruses, famous microbiologists and researchers, microbiological methods and concepts, microbiology equipment, microscopy, and other microbiology-related topics.
Articles covered by this WikiProject
How you can help
- We have almost 6,000 articles listed as "stubs", pick your favorite and start adding more info!
- Over 20% of all Microbiology articles are tagged with some concern! These mark areas for improvement. Feel free to post on the talk page if you need a hand!
- Improve all B-class articles to GA or better
- Add or upgrade the taxoboxes in microorganism articles.
- Add or improve images in microorganims articles.
- Check new articles added to our project!
Start new articles
- Pick your favorite protein/microbe/microbiology-related thing and start a new article! If you need a hand, post on the talk page!
Improve the project itself
- Improve or create templates.
- Improve or create images.
- Assist in public relations and outreach by recruiting editors interested in microbiology to contribute to Wikipedia.
- Label articles of interest to the project by putting the banner template on the talk pages of all articles of interest to microbiology.
- Add stub templates to microorganism related stubs with the relevant template from the template section below.
- Categorise articles by adding them to the appropriate microbiology categories as shown to right.
Here are some tasks awaiting attention:
- Cleanup : Sterilisation (microbiology), Escherichia coli, Lactobacillus
- Expand : Antimicrobial, Colony-forming unit, Microbiologist, Lactobacillus, Lactic acid bacteria, Escherichia coli, Indicator bacteria, Yersinia pestis
- Merge :
- Stubs : Clostridium botulinum, Telonemia, Serratia, Morganella morganii
- Other :
|edit this list