Wikipedia:Motto of the day/Nominations/Frequently used ideas
|Motto of the Day|
Frequently Used Ideas Schedule (Upcoming mottos)
Archives (Schedule and nominations)
This is a list of mottos that are frequently nominated. If you find a motto that has been nominated on multiple occasions, please add it to the appropriate section of this list. If needed, include a link to explain the motto.
- A journey of thousand miles begins with one small step. — Lao-tzu
- And so, my fellow Americans: Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. — John F. Kennedy
- Be Bold — be bold in editing
- Carpe diem (and its variations):
- Carpe diem, seize the day.
- Carpe diem, seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary.
- Don't make me destroy you. — Darth Vader
- Dude, Where's My Car? — Dude, Where's My Car?
- I pity the fool! — Mr. T
- T'is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all — Alfred, Lord Tennyson
- Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get. — Forrest Gump
- May the Force be with you. — Various Star Wars characters
- No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. — The Lion and the Mouse
- No, I am your father. — Darth Vader
- Okay, Houston, we've had a problem here. (misquoted as "Houston, we have a problem") — Apollo 13
- One for all and all for one. — The Musketeers
- One small step for a man. One giant leap for mankind. — Neil Armstrong
- Resistance is Futile. — The Borg
- There's no place like home. — Dorothy
- To be or not to be, that is the question. — Hamlet, William Shakespeare
- Veni, vidi, vici (I came, I saw, I conquered) — Julius Caesar
- You can make a difference. — Malaysian Government
- Various cleanup and stub template puns.
- A picture is worth a thousand words.
- All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy
- Look before you leap
- My two cents.
- The only stupid question is the one that is not asked
- When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
- Batteries not included.
- Just do it.
- Kid tested, Mother approved.
- This is your brain. This is your brain on drugs. Any questions?
- Various Taglines for GEICO commercials
- All your base are belong to us
- "Britannica versus Wikipedia" references
- Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
- Puns on "Wales"
- Ready, Set, Go!
- Self-references (welcome, but these ideas have been done before):
- Spongebob Squarepants references
- The Russian reversal
- Variations of "Three strikes and you're out!" (Three strikes law).
- You'll never misspell ___ again
- "Willy on Wheels" references