Wikipedia:Most vandalized pages
- Note: Please do not add articles that are being affected largely by just one user or IP address. This is for "Frequent vandalism from many people", NOT "Frequent vandalism from one person". Please report vandalism from one person at Wikipedia:Administrator intervention against vandalism or Wikipedia:Long term abuse and not here. Thank you.
This page lists some articles that have undergone repeated vandalism. Please watch the following articles closely and revert any vandalism as appropriate. Generally, any page listed here is being watched since the articles below cannot be protected for one reason or another. Ideally, pages that have been protected are listed at Wikipedia:Protected pages and do not necessarily need to be listed here. The reasons why these pages are being vandalized are sometimes obvious, such as political reasons, religious reasons, substantial reasons, personal belief reasons, and reasons regarding immature editing on pages describing subjects such as articles pertaining to sex, human anatomy, and matters relating to excretion. Also, "commonly visible pages" such as Wikipedia-related pages, Main Page links, the user pages of extremely active users, etc. are vandalized heavily. For some articles, however, the reasons for persistent vandalism remain unclear.
This is an example of a "shared watchlist", sorted into different categories. You can add to this list, and then click on "Related changes" to find out all the latest changes here. A bot also maintains a number of lists, for easy importing into watchlists (choose edit raw watchlist and paste the list). These lists can be viewed here.
Remember, when adding to this list, please place articles in the proper categories in alphabetical order. See User:Emijrp/Statistics for a list of the most deleted and protected pages.
|Dealing with vandalism|
|Resources & assistance|
- 1 Frequent vandalism from many people
- 1.1 Animals
- 1.2 Celebrities
- 1.3 Geography
- 1.4 History
- 1.5 Games and sports
- 1.6 Computing and Internet
- 1.7 Literature
- 1.8 Music
- 1.9 Popular culture
- 1.10 Politics
- 1.11 Profanity
- 1.12 Religion
- 1.13 Science and philosophy
- 1.14 Sex and human anatomy
- 1.15 Food
- 1.16 Mathematics
- 1.17 Others
- 1.18 Wikipedia
- 2 Specific anonymous vandals
Frequent vandalism from many people
Remember, when adding to this list, please place articles in the proper categories in alphabetical order.
"*": denotes living person
"bold": denotes exceptionally high vandalism, especially because of controversy (e.g., Middle East), recent events (e.g., 2011 Tōhoku earthquake and tsunami), or simply because the article is popular and read often (e.g., Barack Obama)
Games and sports
Computing and Internet
Science and philosophy
Sex and human anatomy
Specific anonymous vandals
- DropDeadGorgias (talk) 19:20, 1 November 2005 (UTC) -- anon repeatedly removes entries, and occasionally blanks the list. The criteria for inclusion is clearly stated on the page, and I have repeatedly asked for discussion on the talk page and on the talk pages of the various IP addresses, but I have received no response other than continued vandalism. I attempted a vprotect, but after the week the vandalism continued. --
- Vandalized daily by multiple anonymous IP address users.
- User:Argyrosargyrou (currently under a RfAr). Please revert and ban sockpuppets when spotted. -- ChrisO 23:26, 16 Jun 2005 (UTC) and - persistent POV text dumps from sockpuppets of
- - Vandalized daily, multiple anonymous edits, usually with deletions, obscenities, deliberate scrambling of text, or insertion of jokes.
- WPSamson (talk) 04:24, 21 March 2011 (UTC) -- This page was regularly vandalised by an unregistered user (IP address) mostly from Philippines before semi-protection was set and after semi-protection was lift. It is vandalised by promoting movie or video games to this page.
- Game shows - several anon editors frequently vandalize the following pages, either by deliberately adding very small pieces of incorrect information, or by adding intentional violations of WP:STYLE. If the article has a section or sections on "studios" and/or "broadcast history", these sections are attacked the most often:
Vandalized several times a day, usually from 211.28.*.*
- Lately has spread to:
- — anonymous IP addresses repeatedly revert the Singapore section to a POV version.
- Joe D (t) 18:00, 10 July 2005 (UTC) - one or more users spending all day everyday for the past few weeks adding bad jokes and personal attacks.
- Israel Related
- what-links-here to see if the article has been inappropriately added to various lists. One particular vandal with multiple sockpuppets. Also check
- One particular vandal who likes to call himself "NicktheGreek", and other names, keeps reverting this page to a largely opinioned version.
- an anonymous AOL editor from VA (205.188.117.*, 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11) persistently removing or hiding three "Catholic" entries on the list for months.
- Category:Technology from spammers
- Matrixism vandals
- Military of Pakistan (and related; e.g., Kargil War)
- Miroslav Klose - seems to be under attack by an anon vandal who keeps adding archaic place names and deleting info
- - Certain haters of this Philippine media personality like to mess up this article. Especially with homosexual references to him and other personal attacks.
- (Mohammed Mandela vandal)
- New York City Subway-related articles, including pages related to and (but not the aforementioned pages themselves). Some examples are:
- Vandalized a lot given the nondescript nature of the school. Students there vandalize pages and employees there revert them.
- (141.154.x.x keeps adding inappropriate speedy delete notices)
- Caribou (musician) (which is also occasionally vandalized). Likely one user using several IP addresses and sockpuppet accounts, often removing section about threatened lawsuit against
- scare quotes around the word 'comedian'. - Longhair | Talk 09:39, 20 August 2005 (UTC) -- vandalised regularly by anons who insert
- almost daily, many from 199.80.xxx.xxx, recently 18.104.22.168. Divergent IP addresses, but always the same sort of vandalism
- (numerous sockpuppets using anonymous proxies)
- anonymous vandal with ever changing IP addresses who turns this into an article on the Republic of China
- - same anon as above, changes this template to reflect the whole of China.
- Colliric (talk) 16:00, 4 January 2013 (UTC) -- This page is the consistent target of a vandal that is using multiple IP addresses(probably using a Proxy server, or IP masking) to delete a real image of Mokbel(shown a wig on, after he was arrested in Greece) and insert his own image instead.