Wikipedia:Malta-related topics notice board/Archive 2
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
- 1 17:09, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
- 2 Malta article Peer Review
- 3 Hyopogeum of Hal-Saflieni
- 4 Antonio Sciortino Article
- 5 Promotion?
- 6 geo stubs that need help..
- 7 Good things in threes?
- 8 Il-Cantilena
- 9 Vandalism
- 10 Another Project
- 11 Talk Pages worth a view
- 12 Victory Day (Malta)
- 13 Malta articles with bad orthography
- 14 Ray Buttigieg
- 15 Arturo Mercieca
- 16 Things to be done
- 17 Dizzjunarju Ingliz Ghall-Malti Online
- 18 Joseph Calleja
- 19 Nobility
- 20 Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Norman_Lowell
- 21 Article improvement drive
- 22 Standard naming scheme
Help save Mġarr !
- 24 Malta is a class A for version 0.5!
- 25 Articles to write
17:09, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
Malta article Peer Review
You may be interested in helping in the following:
- Provide summary of major towns and population under the heading entitled demographics. The list of towns has been deleted following advise that in fact its true, this was an identical copy of the article of the Local Councils
- A small section on Maltese nobility is to be written preferably with a relevant photograph.
- Culture of Malta, Food etc. should be summarised into this page as well.
Hyopogeum of Hal-Saflieni
Another interesting article is that of the Hypogeum of Hal-Saflieni, which was written practically from scratch.
A World Heritage Site would be of interest to be included under featured articles.
The article has to be lengthened in order to become available under this category. More uncopyrighted pictures are needed.
Your help would be appreciated. Maltesedog 14:30, 15 November 2005 (UTC)
Antonio Sciortino Article
been translating Antonio Sciortino, at the moment its half english half maltese, feel free to go in there and continue the translation, if you have any doubts leave me a msg.
more things on my mind will post later on Yurigerhard 03:49, 16 November 2005 (UTC)
I amended the header to the standard WIP header Maltesedog 19:27, 1 December 2005 (UTC)
- Note that the Original article in Maltese w:mt:Antonio Sciortino has changed and is nearly done. Make a diff taking 01.12.05 and the latest version. I actually only made minor changes to the intro, fixed typos, added references and caught up from 1913.--Joelemaltais 11:09, 7 January 2006 (UTC)
Hi. Many of you are probably here because I've
spammed written you on your Talk page, or on the talk page of a couple of articles. How best should we continue coordination? Do you want to add your name to a list somewhere? Should there be more links to this notice board from somewhere? fewer? Srl 05:11, 16 November 2005 (UTC)
- I think the best way is to every places this page to the watchlist. What you think? I don't know how the links should be done. Maltesedog 10:49, 18 November 2005 (UTC).
Any one has an idea of an approximate number of registered contributors which contribute frequently to articles releated to Malta. I believe there are many unregistered users, in fact for over six months, I myself used to contribute unregistered. Maltesedog 11:04, 18 November 2005 (UTC)
Is it possible to carry some form of survey Maltesedog 19:28, 1 December 2005 (UTC)
Categorising of Articles
I still find problems with categorising.
We should create a reference on how to categorise articles.
Black Monday (Malta) is categorised under European History stubs when it relates specifically to Malta.
I discovered recently a building and structures category which I never knew on it before. Maltesedog 20:33, 20 November 2005 (UTC)
- Do try Category:Malta - it has some interesting things. I started a page User:Srl/MalteseTopicsList if you have any non geography Maltese stubs, please link them in there. If we get 60 we can make a Malta-Stub! Srl 08:29, 21 November 2005 (UTC)
This goes to our long list of acheivements when it come to articles concerning Malta on wikipedia doesn't it srl? Maltesedog 19:10, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
geo stubs that need help..
Some geo pages that need attention:
- Victoria, Malta - someone pasted a gozo.gov.mt copyvio.. I removed it, leaving barely a stub. Seems like an important geo to expand. Srl 05:11, 22 November 2005 (UTC)
Santa Luċijamoved to /Archive0
- OK I have finished templating all the Malta villiages. Rabat was missing (redirected to Victoria only), oops. Can someone fill in a stub at least for the irħul Għawdxin here:? Fontana | Għajnsielem | Għarb | Għasri | Kerċem | Munxar | Nadur | Qala | Victoria (Rabat) | Saint Lawrence (San Lawrenz) | Sannat | Xagħra | Xewkija | Żebbuġ OK update, I put up a cheesy hack on each of them.. ix-xejn xejn? Edit away, S V Plait Srl 04:10, 27 November 2005 (UTC)
Good things in threes?
|Three Cities of Malta|
|Cospicua - Vittoriosa - Senglea|
|Three Villages of Malta|
|Attard - Balzan - Lija|
What do you think? Srl 07:03, 28 November 2005 (UTC)
Agree but, replace Birgu with Vittoriosa (english version) unless Senglia is change to Isla, and Cospicua to Bormla. Maltesedog 18:34, 28 November 2005 (UTC)
I know, i need to fix the template so it can accept alternate link names. Srl 20:06, 28 November 2005 (UTC)done. Srl 20:18, 28 November 2005 (UTC)
- I don't quite understand.. can you expand ? Srl 21:55, 30 November 2005 (UTC)
There is the text in Maltese. Is it really needed? Maltesedog 10:28, 1 December 2005 (UTC)
- Well Cantilena is relelevant to the development of Maltese, so why not give readers present day Maltese - probably came here coz they are curious about the language. It's certainly interesting to observe vowel shift and stem change. I see no problem with that article. --Joelemaltais 17:54, 8 January 2006 (UTC)
Persistent vulgar language in Maltese is another issue on political sites, schools, villages etc. How can we prevent this? I've dealt with some issues in the past. Maltesedog 21:18, 30 November 2005 (UTC)
- personally I think we just need a better ratio of attentive editors to vandals. That means there is a sense of pride and attitude that may need to be encouraged somehow. I know in the Maltese language wikipedia this is also a concern, look how obscenities are put on pages here. One could conclude that there is more interest in using Maltese for such a use as sort of a joke than for useful information in its own right. What if, say, din l-art ħelwa historians (to pick a random group) wanted to help contribute information about historical sites of Maltese interest? Just an idea. Srl 22:02, 30 November 2005 (UTC)
I have tried to send some e-mail some time ago, but there wasn't a reply. I mean its just people don't have 5 mins to spare with the wikipedia. There are also big problems of copyright.. Will soon amend my page.. so try and have a look at it later today/tomorrow ... 10:57, 1 December 2005 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by Maltesedog (talk • contribs)
After having finished with the Malta stub a new project would be the creation of infobox templates on Maltese town/villages pages as shown in the Valletta article. Special thanks to Roderick Mallia for such an infobox Maltesedog 12:51, 3 December 2005 (UTC)
Talk Pages worth a view
Please view comments on the following article's talk pages
Maltesedog 20:21, 6 December 2005 (UTC)
- and slightly different links and wording. I agree.. delete it for now and make it a redirect until there is enough to justify a separate article. 「ѕʀʟ·✎」 15:48, 5 July 2006 (UTC)
Consider the fact that surnames in Malta do not carry Maltese characters as they are derived from foreign languages Maltesedog 09:41, 9 December 2005 (UTC)
- Yes and that is a fascinating story in itself. :) Actually the way I heard it was, that the nutar were connected to the Sicillian parish and so would use italian orthography.. however there are a couple of exceptions, I think of Trevor Żahra who definitely uses the tikka.. I have seen a few other folks who have re-orthographised their names.. to what degree that is serious, I don't know. in any event, thanks. We can probably archive this after a while, I just wanted a way to tag a bunch of stuff for fixup later.
yes trevor Żahra is an exception but i think officially its still Zahra..Maltesedog 19:05, 9 December 2005 (UTC)
Whenever a surname is listed in Malta, "English" ortographic version should contain a redirect. 09:41, 9 December 2005 (UTC) Maltesedog
- Can you give an example please? I think you mean Zahra → Żahra ? 「ѕʀʟ·！」 18:39, 9 December 2005 (UTC)
No I mean Zahra is to remain Zahra. Cachia should remain Cachia.. Ćačhia.. Zammit is correct but not Žammit. do you get it? Maltesedog 19:03, 9 December 2005 (UTC)
Are you happy about this srl? Maltesedog 19:15, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
I found some info on (Ray Buttigieg).
Hello. I have been cleaning up the Dead End Pages and ran across this article (Arturo Mercieca). Perhaps, somebody can take a look at it and clean it up a little? Thanks. James084 21:16, 22 February 2006 (UTC)
Things to be done
- The infobox in all the Maltese villages
Sliema picture controversy
- Watch out the latest article on Local Council elections in the current events.
- Gżira - (Manoel Island controversy!)
Maltesedog 17:11, 25 February 2006 (UTC)
Dizzjunarju Ingliz Ghall-Malti Online
I have been insisting on this ages, and the person concerned keeps adding it in the Malta article. Minn widna jidhol u mil-ohra johrog ghandikun :-) Maltesedog 19:13, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
- Why is that site linked? I have tried accessing that page, as well as the base domain name, with MSIE and Firefox, and utterly fail to receive anything that can be described as a dictionary. It gives every indication of being a broken link. Rhialto 01:07, 6 December 2006 (UTC)
One problem on wikipedia articles relating to Malta is articles relating to Maltese nobility. As stated several times previously, nobility does not imply notability and this means that it does not imply explicit inclusion in Wikipedia. Please refer to a discussion regarding Count Fournier on the main talk page of the afd instruction page. Maltesedog 19:20, 6 July 2006 (UTC)
Article improvement drive
Standard naming scheme
- Please see the discussion at Wikipedia talk:Regional notice boards#A uniform naming scheme. Zocky | picture popups 00:52, 14 July 2006 (UTC)
Help save Mġarr ! Someone nominated Mġarr for deletion.. see this page .. I don't know if it is a joke or what. please vote「ѕʀʟ·✎」
Malta is a class A for version 0.5!
I just noticed that Malta is going to be included in Wikipedia:Version 0.5.. it's one of about 70 which received a class A marking, so far.. just below "Featured Article" Keep up the good work.. more details on Talk:Malta 「ѕʀʟ·✎」
Articles to write
- A Joseph Calleja article (the famous tenor reputed as Pavarotti's successor)
- We need to expand the History of Malta article; espcially the WW2 section -- and hopefully also create a Military history of Malta with a World War II section. Related (international) articles:
- St. Julian's needs a complete rewrite, plus the infobox