|June 2015 +/-|
|Irish Women in STEM||June 4, 2015|
|DC Wiki Loves Pride edit-a-thon||June 6, 2015|
|Glam Café, Philadelphia, PA||June 9, 2015|
|Art+Feminism - Long Island City edition||June 13, 2015|
|York 2||June 14, 2015|
|London 94||June 14, 2015|
|Glasgow 6||June 18, 2015|
|Tarragona||June 18, 2015|
|NUI Galway CELT15 Editathon||June 19, 2015|
|International Women in the Arts – LA||June 20, 2015|
|Manchester 29||June 20, 2015|
|Oxford 29||June 21, 2015|
|East London 1||June 24, 2015|
|Pittsburgh 2015 MeetUp||June 25, 2015|
|Melbourne 28||June 28, 2015|
|July 2015 +/-|
|The Great Colorado Wiknic 2015||July 5, 2015|
|Seattle 2015 Wiknic||July 5, 2015|
|London 95||July 12, 2015|
|Glam Café, Philadelphia, PA||July 14, 2015|
|Perth 20||July 18, 2015|
|Oxford 30||July 19, 2015|
|Los Angeles Wiknic 2015||July 25, 2015|
|Liverpool 16||July 26, 2015|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
The Wikipedia Tezpur meetup is a get-together of wikipedians (contributors and users) to meet up, discuss, share experiences, reach out and advocate for wikipedia and wikimedia. The meetups are intended to be structured as follows —Introductions, a few focused talks by Wikipedians to share experience / expertise followed by demos and open discussions on topics of common interest.
Pre-Meeting discussions can be on the talk page please.
Date and Venue
Date: : 01-February-2011 11:00 AM IST
Tezpur University, Napam, Tezpur, Assam, India.
Anyone interested in Wikipedia (user, contributor or curious about it). Wikipedians from any part of India or the world and anyone who is interested in Wikipedia! Meetup is open to members of all Wikimedia projects and Wikipedians from all languages. All are welcome, and we are especially interested in seeing newcomers to join the experienced Wikipedians/Wikimedians. If you are interested in coming, please add your name below.
- Meet and connect: Introductions by Wikipedians.
- Networking & Snacks
- Bishnu Saikia (talk) 20:59, 22 January 2012 (UTC)
- Dipankar Chetia 15:03, 23 January 2012 (UTC)
- Pankaj Jyoti Mahanta 18:39, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
- Salik Miskat Borbora 21:10, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
(1st Tezpur Wikipedia Meet Up)
Venue: Seminar Hall, Computer Science Dept.
Tezpur University, Tezpur, Assam
1st February, 2011, 11 am
- The Meet Up begun from 11.30 a.m., all the attendants (Wikipedians and Non Wikipedians) were welcomed by co-convenor Dipankar Chetia.
- Wikimedia Consultant for Indic Initiatives Shiju Alex and CS Departmental Head of Tezpur University Utpal Sarma were felicitated by Phulam Gamosha, Xorudoya Japi and Xorai.
- This was followed by the introduction session of all the attendants; it was observed that most of them are new to Wikipedia or to Assamese Unicode writing. There were almost 12 active and semi active (and non-active) were present in the Meet up. Total attendant were 78.
- After that the Assamese Wikipedia FAQ booklets were distributed among the participants.
- Then CS Departmental Head of Tezpur University Utpal Sarma gave a short lecture on Importance of Assamese writing over internet and expanding Assamese Wikipedia.
- Then Dipankar Chetia presented a presentation on different Wikimedia projects and present scenario of Assamese Wikipedia. The presentation also provided a basic introduction of Assamese Wikipedia to the new people. The presentation was prepared by another co-convenor of the Meet up Bishnu Saikia.
- This was followed by Shiju Alex’s talk on different Indic language Wikipedias. He also presented a small Statistical ppt on Indic wikis.
- In the small workshop session (for the new users) Bishnu Saikia helps the new users to find out how to add new topics to As. Wikipedia, how to modify an existing article and hot to use basic tools for formatting and article.
- “Unicode Assamese writing and tool’s for this purpose” such topics were then described by Pallab Pran Goswami (Editor of Assamese online Magazine Nila Chorai) to the participants.
- Then from the other participants Dwijen Mahanta and editor of online magazine Gonit Sora Pankaj Jyoti Mahanta also shares their thoughts regarding different aspects of Assamese Wikipedia. In the Meet Up it was decided that the active Wikipedians of this region will soon form a Wikipedia (voluntary) group and Shiju Alex also suggested that. They also decided to organise this type of Meet ups outside the University and College Campuses so that more and more common people can join such events.
- Main session ended here with Tea and Snacks.
- After the main session some interested participants learned about wiki templates and some other tools from Bishnu Saikia. Then it was finally concluded.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Assamese Wikimedians Meetup Tezpur.|