Wikipedia:Meetup/Belgium/Wiki Club Brussels
The Wiki Club Brussels are bi-weekly meetings where Wikipedia/Wikimedia editors can work on articles in Wikipedia, ask questions and learn how others are editing Wikipedia or other sister projects.
Over the years we have learned that people who are new to editing Wikimedia projects (Wikipedia, wiktionary, wikiversity, wikispecies, wikiquote, etc.) often like to meet other editors so that they can help each other. Editing Wikimedia projects together often leads to better results and more fun. This gives also the opportunity to ask questions to more experienced editors, and get immediate answers.
Participants often focus on women in the tech industry (GenderGap), but participants are free to write about other topics.
You can write in English, or in your own language. You do not necessarily have to start a new article, you can amend also an existing page.
When you start a new article, please do so in your user namespace. When the article is ready, it can be renamed into the main namespace.
The meetings are held in BeCentral, situated in the building above Brussels-Central railway station (+Metro).
- Address: Cantersteen 10, 1000 Brussels ( )
- Directions inside the railway station: If you are standing inside the main hall of the railway station facing the ticket offices and actual timetable, you go right up the stairs and walk outside to the left, BeCentral is the first entrance on the left.
- Directions inside BeCentral: take the stairs right of the elevator, and on the first floor you follow the signs for the Wiki Club.
We start at 18:30, the session ends at 20:30. We offer you some refreshments.
- Bring your own laptop
- Wi-Fi is available
- Please create your Wikimedia account before coming to the meeting (IP limit for account creation)
If you like to stay informed about future Wiki Club meetings, please signup here (once)
See also Facebook Group.
- Inspiration for possible articles
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Women in Red/Redlist index (index)
- /Forbes' Top 50 Women in Tech (almost completed)
- Engineers with articles in at least 5 projects, but not on some Wikipedia
- General info