|August 2020 +/-|
|San Diego 56 (online)||August 1, 2020|
|South Africa 4 (online)||August 15, 2020|
|September 2020 +/-|
|San Diego 57 Wiknic||September 5, 2020|
|San Diego 58 (online)||September 12, 2020|
|Aotearoa/New Zealand 3 (online)||September 13, 2020|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
New to Wikipedia? You'll still be very welcome - just add your name by editing the "attendees" section below (don't worry if it goes wrong; this is a wiki, and somebody will soon fix it), or contact @pigsonthewing on Twitter to confirm your attendance - or just turn up! We can help you sign up, and/or get started editing, on the day.
Urban Coffee Company, Church Street (corner of Edmund Street), Birmingham - http://www.urbancoffee.co.uk/
This venue is being given free to Wikimedia UK. It is a good venue for children and offers a range of beverages.
There is free wi-fi.
Travel and Parking
On-street parking is free on Sundays.
Many bus routes serve Birmingham city centre, as does the Midland Metro tram route. If arriving by coach from Digbeth, turn left on Digbeth High Street towards the Bull Ring - it's a good (20 minute min.), uphill walk.
There is nearby cycle parking; and electric vehicle charging points on Margaret Street.
We'll be meeting on the ground floor, but the toilet is in the basement, with no lift. Please let us know if this conflicts with any accessibility requirements you have and we'll see what we can do.
Sunday 2-4 pm
- 12th June 2011
What do we want to do
A social, food and drinks.
- Take photos of Birmingham for commons/wikipedia articles (see requested photographs in the West Midlands)
- Swap editing hints, tips and tricks
- Help new users to get started
- Find partners for editing collaboration
- Fulfil (or plan to) West Midlands Article requests and other items from the to-do list (below)
- Advise "hackers", coders & hyperlocal bloggers on re-using data from Wikipedia/ Commons
- Add yours here...
Link with other groups and projects
This is hypothetically a wikimedia UK event
See also WikiProject West Midlands.
Add your name here:
- Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing); Andy's talk; Andy's edits (Host - happy to answer questions about the venue, locality, etc.)
- Mike Peel (talk)
- Victuallers (talk) 20:05, 2 June 2011 (UTC)
- Sarah Darch
- Boris Weevers
- Jacqueline Van de Stadt
- Brendan Callaghan
- Martin Poulter
- Ashley Van Haeften (Fae)
- Steve Virgin
Add your name here if supportive of this meet but could not make it
- Fully support, but I'm very rarely free on Sundays unfortunately.—Optimist on the run (the admin formerly known as Tivedshambo) (ask me why) 14:34, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- Very much in support of this and will definitely come to any future events, but alas I'm in my revision period for fourth year medicine and exams are only a few days away at this point. :-( Colds7ream (talk) 20:19, 31 May 2011 (UTC)
- Can't make that day I'm afraid. Edratzer (talk) 17:26, 1 June 2011 (UTC)
- Sorry to have missed. I am not currently very active on WP, and did not find out until too late. Peterkingiron (talk) 16:17, 15 June 2011 (UTC)
- Also sorry to have missed but I was away. Hope to make the next meeting... Peter coxhead (talk) 13:13, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
This metadata is marked up with microformats:
Wikipedia:Meetup/Birmingham 3 2011-06-12T14:00:00+01.00 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/Birmingham_3
Urban Coffee Company Church Street Birmingham B3 2NP http://www.urbancoffee.co.uk/emporiums/birmingham-church-street 52.48225,-1.90050