2008 Boston-area Wikimedia meetups.
8 December 2008
7pm at Wagamama in Harvard Sq., organized by User:Sj.
- We're moving to dinner from ice cream, and into Harvard Square this week. Come to Wagamama, on JFK street just south of the T station. We will also be meeting two weeks from now, for dinner somewhere else... recommendations welcome. Since some people can't make Monday, we may try for that Tuesday.
10 November 2008
- Wagamama restaurant, Harvard Square, 7pm.
- Organized by sj, "I'll be in black and a fake Peruvian fedora at the large table in the back."
Meetup Description: We're moving to dinner from ice cream, and into Harvard Square this week. Come to Wagamama, on JFK street just south of the T station.
We will also be meeting two weeks from now, for dinner somewhere else... recommendations welcome. I'd like to go somewhere in Boston or Allston/Brighton. And as some people can't make Monday, we may try for another day that week... share your prefs.
Potential topics of discussion:
- Wikipedia and truth (and Garfinkels)
- Wikipedia editing in Latin America (updates from Peru and Chile)
- Wikimedia chapters in the western hemisphere; and forming US Wikipedia groups
- Organizing Wiki-intros at local universities and libraries
- Winter wiki-day with speakers from around the country
- Other free knowledge projects underway : CK12, Derechos Digitales, resource.org
- The million-book open library and wikibooks
- Travel scholarships to Wikimania 2008 in Buenos Aires
22 September 2008
A Meetup in someone's home. If noone volunteers, it will be at my place on Oxford St in Cambridge, but I'd love to hold a meetup in Boston proper for people who hate coming out to Cambridge :) +sj + 23:42, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
8 September 2008
26 August 2008?
I've been thinking about this, and think it would be a very good idea. Please post ideas here:
- Boston Common?
- Toscanini's (previous meetings here)
- Around 7:00 maybe? Earlier for a Boston Common one.
- RFA Review, etc.
- FritzPoll Bot
- Wikimania '08?
4 August 2008
- Come find out more about free culture peru, offline Spanish Wikipedia and One Laptop per Child, and upcoming FOSS and free knowledge events in latin america. Learn what sort of sea creature this is. And maybe even come dancing with us afterwards.
- 7pm, Toscanini's, 899 Main Street (see meetup.com site here).
Organized by sj, who writes "I'll be wearing my Egyptian sailor's hat and Wikipedia shirt".
- Meetup report: sj forgot to wear a Wikipedia shirt, but we all seemed to find one another anyway. Attendance was pretty high - more than 10 people, I think. After getting ice cream, we soon decided that it was too noisy to talk in Tosci's, and moved outside to the small plaza across the street for a lively discussion. —Steven G. Johnson (talk) 01:07, 11 August 2008 (UTC)
Monday, 25 February 2008, 7:30 pm EST, Berkman Center
Come by the Berkman Center at Harvard Law school for a meetup this coming Monday. Getting back to posting the biweekly meetings here, as Wik intended... Ice cream provided by Tosci's. +sj + 20:51, 21 February 2008 (UTC)
- Dealing with Meetup : get it for all cities, or drop it?
- Ice cream : how cold is just right?
- Tosci's grassroots mobility : right on! how can we support them?
- City wikis : Arlington and Cambridge; history and possible projects
- Other projects
- Open chat