This is an archive of 2010 Boston-area Wikipedia meetups. More recent meetups are listed at WP:Meetup/Boston.
December 13, 2010
- I'm going to try to make it. Faolin42 (talk) 19:23, 10 December 2010 (UTC)
- Won't be able to make it afterall... Faolin42 (talk) 17:39, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
- I might be able to make it after all. Where is it this time? --Jeremy (blah blah • I did it!) 20:14, 13 December 2010 (UTC)
October 11, 2010
- AJona1992 (talk) 06:21, 8 October 2010 (UTC) I rather not go to these "meet ups" because (1) everyone is just going to sit around and talk about their "feelings" like really? that's what MySpace and Facebook is about but other than that I hope everyone else enjoys their "meeting" lolz.
September 13, 2010
August 21, 2010
- Russell House Tavern, Cambridge MA
- 1800-2030, Saturday August 21
- you and your friends. Other new guests include Phoebe, Walkerma, Aaronsw and Joe Reagle.
- Call 529 4266 for more information or directions. There will be drinks after dinner, at RHT or nearby.
August 9, 2010
Just a note since not everyone will go and look on the meetup.com site (link above) This is happening! we currently have 5 Yes's and 1 Maybes signed up on that site. James (T C) 05:13, 4 August 2010 (UTC)
- We have a few more coming now -- please join us! We're also planning a meetup in another 2 weeks -- see above (August 21). 22:16, 9 August 2010 (UTC)
July 12, 2010
Wikimania having finished up in Gdansk the day before, this will be a perfect time to have an international mingle here in Boston -- between our independence, supported by the French, and Bastille Day, supported by... well, noone. Nothing for us to be proud of there.
We'll be meeting in Harvard Square again, which seemed popular, in the slightly less pricey but delicious Le's Restaurant (formerly Pho Pasteur) inside The Garage (the tiny mall between 36 JFK St and Dunster St), just by the Dunster St entrance.
- 23:25, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
- Emw (talk) 23:53, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
- What time? :-) (Yes, I'm planning to be there :-) Tim Pierce (talk) 01:32, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- Will try to make it. Last time was fun. --GRuban (talk) 01:45, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- Missed last time, maybe this go round.... Calliopejen1 (talk) 05:02, 28 June 2010 (UTC)
- I'll be there... Faolin42 (talk) 01:54, 30 June 2010 (UTC)
- I will try not to miss this next one. CaribDigita (talk) 14:29, 1 July 2010 (UTC)
- Will try (again) to be there. Frankatca (talk) 19:23, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
- Planning to attend. Gosox(55)(55) 22:06, 2 July 2010 (UTC)
- Almost guaranteed James (T C) 00:39, 3 July 2010 (UTC) Also, I think there is a large argument to be made about the idea that Bastille Day was greatly influenced by the success of the American Revolution and therefore in some way we supported it (kinda sorta) and so therefore we could argue that they supported us and we supported them (or at least gave them an idea). Right? Right. James (T C) 00:39, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- Yup. Bmclaughlin9 (talk) 01:11, 4 July 2010 (UTC)
- Luv to come, but work will be in the way. 8P --Jeremy (blah blah • I did it!) 08:20, 7 July 2010 (UTC)
- I’ll try to make it. (hi SJ! *waves*) –jacobolus (t) 08:38, 8 July 2010 (UTC)
- I'll try to be there. (And there were Americans in the French Revolution; Thomas Paine almost got killed in the process.)--Prosfilaes (talk) 17:03, 10 July 2010 (UTC)
- Always wanted to come to one of these, now I finally can. :) -- Michael Scott Cuthbert (talk) 12:04, 11 July 2010 (UTC)
- I plan to be there. --Michael WhiteT·C 18:28, 11 July 2010 (UTC)
June 15, 2010
We're meeting in Harvard Square at the Grafton Street Pub with better vegetarian food and less noise! Join us at 7pm Tuesday June 15 for food and laughter. (And even a little music, if you bring your own instrument.) If it's warm out we can get a table on the sidewalk and chat with passers-by.
- This will be our first time using geonotices for the meetup; let's see how it goes.
21:59, 14 May 2010 (UTC)
- FYI: Because it looks like we could have somewhere in the ballpark of 20 attendees, I've called ahead to Grafton Street and let them know we're coming. I don't know how easy it will be to spot the group -- if anyone comes well after 7:00 then just ask for the Wikipedia meetup or look around for an oddly-put-together mob. Emw (talk) 02:17, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
- Sounds great, I'm in! Tim Pierce (talk) 00:39, 15 May 2010 (UTC)
Although it seems I have a school function I have to attend that evening -- I'll try to come but I may not be there till 9pm or so. Tim Pierce (talk) 11:59, 9 June 2010 (UTC)I've resolved my conflict and expect to be there at 7pm. Tim Pierce (talk) 18:12, 14 June 2010 (UTC)
- thanks for the invitation, but I will be working. Let me know if another meet up happens after the summer ends.--Found5dollar (talk) 15:05, 16 May 2010 (UTC)
- Unfortunately it's the night before finals start for me, so most likely no show. Keep me updated, though, could easily make a summer meet-up. Gosox(55)(55) 11:11, 21 May 2010 (UTC)
- I might try to attend. --ninala
- Will be there, God willin' and the creek don't rise! Will Zachmann
- Strong probable, although Grafton St. indoors is a bit reverberant and outdoors has bus and car traffic going down Bow St. I'll decline to bring my accordion; might have a recorder on me, though...Dellaroux (talk) 19:53, 31 May 2010 (UTC)
- I plan to be there. Can I bring my agent? I'm bringing my agent. Herostratus (talk) 20:54, 12 June 2010 (UTC)
- I'll try to be there. Kevin Rutherford (talk) 03:25, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- Will try to attend. --GRuban (talk) 14:47, 13 June 2010 (UTC)
- It seems I may be able to be there as well. Shreevatsa (talk) 09:16, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
- I may be able to attend as well. CaribDigita (talk) 14:00, 15 June 2010 (UTC)
- Glad this was such a success! I was still on my way back from the Israeli Wikipedia Academy, but will tell all about it and wikimania at next month's Meetup. 23:25, 26 June 2010 (UTC)
(For a time not recorded here on the wiki!)