Wikipedia:Meetup/Boston/Cape Cod Wiknic and Photography Blitz
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Date: Cancelled
Saturday, August 23 2014 from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. (Rain date: Aug. 24) Can’t be there the whole time? No problem. Join us for as little or as long as you like. We will coordinate by email in the days before.Cancelled
- Venue: Western Barnstable County, with the food venue being decided upon later.
- Cost: Free
- Participants: No Wikipedia editing experience necessary. We are simply going out to take photographs, which you or others may then add to Wikimedia Commons.
- RSVP by signing your username below! If you are unfamiliar with Wikipedia, you might try this training module which will help explain a lot of things, including how to add your signature.
- What to Bring: A camera, a good attitude, and a willingness to photograph some buildings! If you have a car, you should also bring it as well, as we will need people to drive around and photograph some buildings.
- What we will do Try to complete coverage of all National Register of Historic Places buildings in Western Barnstable County, as well as possibly do towns further east if there are enough people.
- Kevin Rutherford (talk) 22:04, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
- Nonantum (talk) 20:00, 17 May 2014 (UTC)
- cberrius (talk) 03:35, 28 May 2014 (UTC)
- Girona7 (talk) 03:21, 5 June 2014 (UTC)
- —Tim Pierce (talk) 04:51, 7 June 2014 (UTC) (will have to leave by 4pm or so)
- Faolin42 (talk) 02:07, 10 June 2014 (UTC)
- User:OR drohowa - missed it! rats!
- —Grollτech (talk) 05:01, 23 June 2014 (UTC) (I can take photos of missing Truro/Wellfleet sites)
- Grumpycraig (talk) 13:27, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
- --Victor•talk 03:39, 15 August 2014 (UTC)
Unable to attend, but wish to be informed about future meetups
- Emw (talk). I'm excited to see an upcoming photography event in MA (thanks Kevin!), but I won't be able to attend. I highly recommend checking out the Unvisited app for Android and iPhone, developed by the prolific Massachusetts photographer Faolin42. I used it recently on a photo trip and found it very useful. Emw (talk) 12:39, 5 June 2014 (UTC)