Join the Pollard Memorial Library and UMass Lowell Library for our final Lowell History Edit-a-thon!
When: Saturday, March 28, 2015, 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Where: UMass Lowell O'Leary Library on South Campus, Room 140, 61 Wilder St. Lowell, MA 01854
Focus: Pawtucketville neighborhood of Lowell
Snacks? Yes! Snacks in the morning and pizza for lunch.
You do not need to be an experienced Wikipedia editor in order to attend, just bring a willingness to learn. We will provide training on how to find resources, how to edit entries, and how to add your personal photos to Wikipedia entries.
There is a lot of history in the city of Lowell from the Industrial Revolution and Textile Mills to Jack Kerouac and Mill Girls. So many local residents love studying and sharing this history of the city. We want to take your knowledge and help you improve Wikipedia by locating sources, improving entries and adding photos. This is the final edit-a-thon we are running in this series.
Please remember to bring a laptop and power supply. Some computers will be available for those who don't have their own laptop.
10:00- 11:30am: breakfast served
11:30am - 1pm: lunch served
3:30-3:45pm: Wrap-up and thank yous
- What to Bring: Attendees should bring their own laptops and power cords. Bring any personal photos or sources you think may be helpful.
- Contact the organizers: If you have questions ahead of time, contact email@example.com or. For directions and help finding the building on the day of, call
- Registration and more information;" http://uml.beta.libguides.com/wikipediaeditathons
- See content we worked on during the first edit-a-thon
- See content that we worked on during the second edit-a-thon
- Amazing resource for People! : Full Text of "History of Lowell and its People"
- GLAM Beginners Guide
- Wikipedia Tutorial
- Starting an Article
- Citation Guide
- Five Pillars of Wikipedia
- Wikipedia Cheatsheet
- Uploading Flickr Files to Wikimedia Commons
- Uploading files to Wikimedia Commons: First steps
- Formatting Shortcuts -