|Brisbane Meetup |
Wikimedia.org.au (or on Facebook)
Wikimedia Australia Community Conference, Sydney, 15 June 2019
For more information, please see Wikimedia Australia Community Conference, Sydney, 15 June 2019 via Kerry (talk) 10:18, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
Wikidata seminar and/or workshop
Organised by Wikimedia Australia, Andy Mabbett (User:Pigsonthewing) is delivering two "Introduction to Wikidata and GLAM" events on Tuesday 11 September 2018 at the State Library of Queensland at South Bank, South Brisbane. These are free events but you need to book as spaces are limited by the room capacity (particularly so for the workshop).
- 9am-11am seminar - details and booking
- 11am hands-on workshop (bring your laptop) - details and booking
Craig Franklin (User:Lankiveil) died last weekend. He was a great contributor and administrator on Wikipedia and a wonderful person too. He is a tragic loss to our community. If you wish to leave a message of condolence on-wiki, please go to User Talk:Lankiveil. If you want to send a private message to his family, please email me at email@example.com for contact details. At this stage no funeral arrangements have been announced. Kerry (talk) 16:53, 19 April 2018 (UTC)
- Craig's funeral will be held on Friday 27 April. For privacy, if you want the details, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org Kerry (talk) 09:49, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
To be decided
- first Brisbane meetup of Wikipedians took place on February 10, 2008.
- second Brisbane meetup was originally planned, but was never confirmed. If you would like to propose a meetup, feel free to see the How it Works section below.
- SGM of WMAu - Saturday 16th April 2.00 PM
- Third Brisbane meetup was a BBQ at Southbank on June 26, 2011
- Fourth Brisbane meetup, to coincide with the Wikimedia Australia annual general meeting.
- May 26 2012, coinciding with APC workshops
- Friday 3 August 2012
- Monday 11 February 2013 5-8 PM
- Saturday 22 August 2015
- Saturday 21 November 2015
- Saturday 26 November 2016
- Tuesday 6 June 2017
- Sunday 10 December 2017, a pre-Christmas gathering
- Saturday 13 January 2018, a Wikipedia birthday party
How it Works
- We propose a meetup and ask for interest from the Queensland wiki audience.
- We decide on a date (most preferably on weekend), location and time.
- We book the tables one week before the date.
- We meet on the decided date.
- We dine together, socialise and chat.
- This is a list of users who are interested in future meetups in Brisbane. You may wish to indicate the number of and/or link to the meetings you have been to.
- Alex Douglas (talk) 13:18, 20 April 2010 (UTC)
- I can usually make it up to Brisbane given a bit of warning; I've attended many of the Melbourne meetups. John Vandenberg (chat) 09:06, 3 July 2010 (UTC)
- NemoThorx (talk) has been to a couple of Canberra meetups (and helped organise one of them), and is now based in Brisbane. Not interested in organising a meetup, but will endeavour to attend if it happens!
- smadge1 (talk) 19:54, 23 June 2011 (UTC) I can't really make it with 2 days notice, but maybe next time!
- Advanstra (talk) 16:39, 16 February 2014 (UTC) Any meetups in 2014? Gold Coast perhaps?
- Kerry (talk) 00:22, 17 February 2014 (UTC)
- I've been to the inaugural Brisbane meetup and I'd be interested in participating in the future. — JamesR (talk) 14:39, 15 March 2014 (UTC)
- Nford24 (talk) I am North Sunshine Coast based, I have never been to a meetup but I am interested in meeting other Wikieditors. Nford24 (Want to have a chat?) 14:32, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Shujen Chang (talk) 01:32, 21 November 2015 (UTC)
- XKGZ357 (talk) 12:37, 26 April 2016 (UTC)
- Coastal.culture.vulture (talk) 04:22, 21 May 2016 (UTC)
- Downsize43 (talk) 11:01, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
- Misaochan (talk) 16:07, 12 January 2018 (UTC) Have never been to one but would love to attend.
- Rlandmann (talk) 23:52, 15 January 2019 (UTC)
- EMsmile Moved back to Brisbane and am interested in attending future meetings. EMsmile (talk) 05:43, 16 January 2019 (UTC)