|May 2021 +/-|
|London 170 (online)||May 9, 2021|
|BLT @ MoMA (online)||May 22, 2021|
|BLT (online)||May 23, 2021|
|South Africa 8 (online)||May 29, 2021|
|June 2021 +/-|
|Full Meetup Calendar • Events calendar on Meta|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
CAMBRIDGE WIKIPEDIA MEETUP NUMBER 9
When: Saturday 23rd October 2010 — 15:00 onwards
Where: CB2 cybercafé, Norfolk St, Cambridge, CB1 2LD UK
See a map for the location.
- Charles Matthews
- Deryck Chan
- Fences and windows
- Magnus Manske
- Rich Farmbrough
- I was inspired to go and look at picking out "risky" unrefernced BLPS Wikipedia:Biographies_of_living_persons/Noticeboard#Possibly_libellous.2C_unreferenced_BLPS here are the first results. I was busy elsewhere on-wiki <sigh> so I was a bit slowed down. Rich Farmbrough, 01:14, 25 October 2010 (UTC).
- Charles Matthews (talk) 14:03, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
Senra (Talk) 17:02, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- Magnus Manske (talk) 18:11, 3 October 2010 (UTC)
- Rich Farmbrough, 08:25, 4 October 2010 (UTC).
- Gonzonoir (talk) 14:40, 4 October 2010 (UTC) Hoping to finally make it along to one of these.
- OrangeDog (τ • ε) 16:36, 4 October 2010 (UTC) Hopefully will be my first one too.
- Fences&Windows 23:14, 4 October 2010 (UTC)
- Smartse (talk) 08:50, 17 October 2010 (UTC) Will be about so will also finally try to make it along.
- User:KrisRandal 12:29, 19 0ctober 2010 (GMT) Will be there... I hope. Looking forward to it.
- Maproom 18:48, 19 October 2010 (UTC) will be there - and this time, I'll know to look upstairs for you :-)
- James F. (talk) 14:25, 21 October 2010 (UTC)
- --JN466 11:46, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- JonH (talk) 19:04, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
- Am in Cambridge anyway. Deryck C. 21:45, 3 October 2010 (UTC)Am definitely coming today! Deryck C. 10:20, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
- I may be able to attend, depending on my schedule: I'll have to see what happens. Acalamari (from Bellatrix Kerrigan) 16:28, 6 October 2010 (UTC)
- Maybe, depending on my memory. 7daysahead (talk) 21:25, 9 October 2010 (UTC)
- Sometimes in around the area but depends greatly on time of personal study timetable and life in general. NarSakSasLee (talk) 15:59, 10 October 2010 (UTC)
- I'm another possible... Catsmeat (talk) 12:44, 15 October 2010 (UTC)
- Sadly gone by then. Casliber (talk · contribs) 05:11, 6 October 2010 (UTC)
- I'm afraid I'm traveling for business. I'll make it to one of these eventually! Rockpocket 22:04, 11 October 2010 (UTC)
- Sorry. Short notice, and a little far away. Anything planned for the Great Nation of Scotland..? MekQuarrie (talk) 23:19, 19 October 2010 (UTC)
- You can see from the footer that the last was in 2008, in Edinburgh. It is much easier to get people along now, though: contact User:Mike Peel of the UK chapter for details on how to get a site notice posted, if you are at all interested, and look into who set up that one. Charles Matthews (talk) 15:14, 20 October 2010 (UTC)
- Unfortunately I am unable to make the meet today. Have fun --Senra (Talk) 11:40, 23 October 2010 (UTC)
Now planning. I'd like to call a meetup in late October. I'd also like to see what we can do about:
This is a short list of local "blue plaques" (don't have to be blue in fact) that have not been photographed, and in one case has not been geolocated. Sounds like a project to work on. Charles Matthews (talk) 08:51, 24 September 2010 (UTC)
- How about Saturday 23 October? James F. (talk) 10:16, 24 September 2010 (UTC)
- This reminded me that I spotted a plaque (not a blue one) located where the black dot is at the centre of this map, about the inventor of the Filshie clip, a titanium clip still used today in tubal ligation. Not sure if the clip or the inventor (Marcus Filshie) is notable though... Smartse (talk) 20:32, 17 October 2010 (UTC)
- I can do the Wittgenstein one in Storeys Way. Where should it be uploaded? --JN466 11:48, 22 October 2010 (UTC)
Now the other one is not that far from CB2. In fact on this map it is probably top left, at the corner of Fair Street and Maid's Causeway (it is 22 Maid's Causeway, anyway). CB2 is in the bottom right, being at the burger on Norfolk Street. Charles Matthews (talk) 20:33, 22 October 2010 (UTC)