|When and Where|
|Time||10:00 am - 2:00 pm|
|Address||Goethe-Institut Kamerun Library|
|City, Region||Yaounde, Centre Region|
Are you a Wikipedian or sympathiser? Join us for a Wikithon at the Goethe-Institut Kamerun on September 26 at 10 am.
As a continuation of the first Wikithon, which served as an introduction to WikiAfrica, highlighting some of its projects in Africa such as Wiki Loves Africa, Wiki Loves Monuments and Wiki Indaba, the second meet up will focus on training Wikipedians and shed more light on projects which facilitate the creation and modification of content on Wikipedia like The Wikipedia Library, Wikimedia Commons and Sandbox. “Wikithon” is an event in which content owners and others collaborate intensively on creating wiki content. Wikipedia usually calls this an “editathon”. Edit-a-thons improve the encyclopedia and can be a great way to help new Wikipedians learn to edit.
The event will be made up of a presentation on some of WikiAfrica's projects and a training session. Content which was created and modified during the last session will also be revisited.
- Date: Saturday, September 26, 2015
- Time: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Location: Library, Goethe-Institut Kamerun
- Hashtag: #wikithoncameroon
Please bring with you:
- A laptop or other similar device
- Any reference book you may have related to the theme
- Create your Wikipedia account before the event:
- EN: https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special:UserLogin&returnto=Main+Page&type=signup
- FR: https://fr.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Sp%C3%A9cial:Connexion&type=signup
Please add your Wikipedia username to the appropriate section below:
- Wifi access will be provided to participants who bring their own laptops to the event (recommended).