Wikipedia:Meetup/Chicago/ArtAndFeminism (March 20, 2014)
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
- Date: Thursday, March 20, 2014 from 4:00 to 8:00 pm
- Venue: Razorfish Offices at the Merchandise Mart, 222 Merchandise Mart Plaza, Suite 1200, Chicago, IL
- Cost: Free
- Participants: No Wikipedia editing experience necessary; as needed throughout the event, tutoring will be provided for Wikipedia newcomers. Female editors are particularly encouraged to attend.
- RSVP required: yterretta - at - gmail.com If you are unfamiliar with Wikipedia, you might try this training module which will help explain a lot of things.
- What to Bring: Attendees should bring their own laptops and power cords.
- Twitter Hashtag: #ArtAndFeminism
Please add your name here by typing four tildes!
(Yoko Terretta) Tamale2222 (talk) 01:15, 17 March 2014 (UTC)
Jenmakesstuff (talk) 00:24, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
Ginko1785 (talk) 00:26, 21 March 2014 (UTC)
The following is a sampling of suggested articles to create or add upon. However, feel free to come up with your own ideas! In addition to the suggestions below, editors may consider cleaning up articles on more well-known women artists. Helpful updates could be as simple as: making sure reference links are still appropriate and functional; adding new inline citations/references; adding a photo; adding an infobox; adding data to more fields in an existing infobox; creating headings; adding categories; etc. Editors may also choose to focus on women in design, performing arts, music, architecture, philosophy, politics, etc.
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Women artists/Worklist
- Hannah Wilke
- Guerilla Girls
- Beverly Semmes
- Robyn O’Neil
- Janine Antoni
- Eva Hesse
- Lucia Moholy
- Claude Cahun
- Jeanne-Claude (married to Christo)
- Moyra Davey
- Eileen Quinlan
- Valie Export
- Abigail Solomon-Godeau (art critic)
- Carol Squiers (art critic)
- Barbara Kruger
- Wendy Ewald
- Mariah Robertson
- Miranda Lichtenstein
- Ann Pibal
- Mary Lum
- Jessica Hische