Wikipedians in Christchurch hold informal face to face meetings on the second or third Tuesday of each month.
The goal of the meetups is to socialise with other Wikipedians, share knowledge and experience from our wiki lives and motivate each other in doing what we're doing. We also share what we're currently working on and what we want to work on in the future. In the core of the group is a few experienced editors who are always happy to help beginners or less experienced users. If you're thinking about contributing to Wikipedia but don't know where to start, come to our meeting and we'll provide you all the support that you might need.
Currently we're meeting up at a cafe in the city with free WiFi so that we can have a bite to eat/something to drink while chatting, and can demonstrate and share our editing work. Everybody's welcome. Just put your name down on the page of our current meeting so we know that you're coming.
- 8 December 2020
- 17 November 2020
- 31 October 2020 (Edit-a-thon at Christchurch Art Gallery)
- 13 October 2020
- 8 September 2020
- 18 August 2020
- 14 July 2020
- 3 June 2020 (meeting after hiatus due to pandemic lockdown)
- 29 February 2020 (Edit-a-thon focused on the people and companies of stuff.co.nz)
- 20 February 2020 (Edit-a-thon focused on FindingGLAM)
- 11 February 2020 (meeting up with Ratso56)
- 9 December 2019 (Lincoln University Project with Mike)
- 3 December 2019 (catching up with Mike)
- 18 November (heritage discussion)
- 21 October (first regular meeting of the Christchurch group)
- 8 June (NZ writers)
- 29 May (with Mike)
- 14 and 19 May (with Mike at Christchurch Art Gallery)
- Editathon held as part of a conference at the University of Canterbury on 17–18 September 2016
- Wikipedia Women of Christchurch Writing Party on 26 June 2016
- Wikipedia Women of Christchurch Writing Party on 29 May 2016