|Date||Sunday, July 10, 2016|
|Time||1:00 PM - 5:00 PM (Drop in any time!)|
|Location||Fred Beekman Park|
|Address||2200 Carmack Road, Columbus, Ohio 43210|
The Great Buckeye Wiknic 2016 is happening in the Great State of Ohio on Sunday, July 10th from 1:00 to 5:00 PM! The Wiknic is part of the greater Great American Wiknic movement that occurs annually in cities across the United States.
Join us for a day in the park for food and socializing with others from the Wikimedia movement. We'll be meeting up at Fred Beekman Park, a park on Ohio State University's campus. Anyone is welcome to attend, and particularly those from Ohio! We also invite anyone who may not be familiar with the Wikipedia community to attend. Food will be provided; see below for more details.
This event is hosted by members of Wikipedia Connection, a student organization at Ohio State University.
- Date: Sunday, July 10, 2016
- Time: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm (drop in any time!)
- Location: Fred Beekman Park, at the sand volleyball shelter (Google Maps)
- Address: 2200 Carmack Road, Columbus, OH 43210
- Hashtag: #BuckeyeWiknic2016
Parking for Fred Beekman Park is available south of the park off of Carmack Road. Parking is available at-cost by the hour, which we will be reimbursing. The rate is $1.75/hr, with a max of $7.50 for the day.
A map of all parking at Ohio State University is available here. Fred Beekman park is located on the far-left of the map. See this image for a close-up of the parking availability around Fred Beekman Park; $ symbols indicate pay machine availability.
Handicap parking can be found at Pressey Hall (1070 Carmack Rd).
Wikipedia Connection is happy to be able to provide travel reimbursements! We have a total of $100 available for all participants.
- Please keep and provide all receipts for reimbursements.
- Ground transportation is the only transportation that will be reimbursed.
- Reimbursements are available for anyone travelling more than 40 miles to the Wiknic, and travelling from no more than 4 hours away. (Except riding COTA)
- If arriving by car, for every 10 miles driven, we will reimburse $1. (Round-trip; The milage will be calculated by google map instead of actual milage)
- If arriving by coach, we will reimburse the round-trip bus expense. (Within the state of Ohio)
- We will reimburse any use of Columbus-area public transportation (COTA) up to $5.
- If possible, we encourage travelers to ride-share.
- Visitor parking at Ohio State University is charged at $1.75/hr, with a daily limit of $7.50. We will cover any parking costs through the duration of the Wiknic, plus an hour before and after (12 PM - 6 PM). We suggest parking in the lots available south of the park off of Carmack Road; you may park elsewhere, but we will reimburse at the $1.75/hr rate.
For subsidizing any travel cases not listed above, please ask on the talk page or email SuperHamster. If all participants' reimbursement requests are more than $100, we will reimburse everyone according to their portion of the total request.
We will be providing grilled food (hot dogs, burgers and condiments), along with a vegetarian option (veggie burgers). Water and soda will also be provided, alongside plates, napkins, and cups.
Although not mandatory, everyone attending is encouraged to bring their own food to share! If you would like to bring something, we have some suggestions below that you can sign up for. Feel free to add to the list.
- Charcoal: AddisWang (talk)
- Cultural specialty dishes:
- Sand volleyball courts and open green space will be available for use.
- Please bring a baseball mitt, frisbee, or anything you might want to play with.
- Wikipedia The Game About Everything
- A fun trivia board game
- ~SuperHamster Talk Contribs
- Rimmel.Edits Talk 13:54, 23 June 2016 (UTC)
- --AddisWang (talk) 14:12, 24 June 2016 (UTC)
- Parsecboy (talk) 15:00, 26 June 2016 (UTC)
- Briangainer (talk) 20:35, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- Coming from Pittsburgh! :) --Sky Harbor (talk) 00:44, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- Nyttend (talk) 17:00, 29 June 2016 (UTC)
- Not likely. Maybe next time. — Malik Shabazz Talk/Stalk 02:51, 1 July 2016 (UTC)
- Plans busted today, alas! Aharon coming from Cincinnati (talk) 03:10, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
- 11 total
- Sky Harbor