Wikipedia:Meetup/DC/DC National Museum of Women in the Arts: Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon 2018
Join us for the...
National Museum of Women in the Arts: Art+Feminism Edit-a-thon 2018
|When and Where|
|Date:||Saturday, March 17, 2018|
|Time:||10:00 am – 2:30 pm|
|Address:||National Museum of Women in the Arts|
1250 New York Ave. NW (Map)
|City/State:||Washington, DC 20005|
Wikimedia’s gender trouble is well-documented. While the reasons for the gender gap are up for debate, the practical effect of this disparity, however, is not. Content is skewed by the lack of female participation. This represents an alarming absence in an increasingly important repository of shared knowledge.
Let’s change that. Join us for a communal updating of Wikipedia entries on subjects related to art and feminism. We will provide tutorials for the beginner Wikipedian, as well as reference materials, coffee and lunch. Bring your laptop, power cord and ideas for entries that need updating or creation. People of all gender identities and expressions are invited to participate.
This event is free and open to the public. Registration is required.
- Attendees must register using the Wikimedia Labs Dashboard. Follow these steps. It's quick and easy!
- 1. Go to DC NMWA ArtAndFeminism 2018
- 2. Select Login if you already have a Wikipedia username or Enroll if you don't
- 3. Once logged in, select 'Join'.
- 4. Enter pin 'AF'
Policies, Quick Tips and Other Wikimedia Resources
- Wikipedia:Five pillars
- Wikipedia:Core content policies
- Wikipedia:General notability guideline
- Wikipedia:Conflict of interest
- Wikipedia:Identifying reliable sources
- Wikipedia:No original research (Examples of Original Research)
- Wikipedia:Citing sources
- Wikipedia:Identifying and using primary sources
- Policy regarding Wikipedia Biographies of Living Persons
Your first article
- Creating Redirects with Visual Editor
- Creating Redirector with Source Editor
- Using categories
- Cheatsheet for Wiki markup
- Wiki Ed Foundation's online training modules
Wikimedia and other related projects