Saturday, September 26th, 2009 — 6 p.m. until it ends
Who should come? You should. Really.
If you are interested in Wikipedia or other Wikimedia projects, regardless of your level of experience or involvement, or if you are otherwise involved with free content you are invited and welcome.
What, Where, When, and How?
- What? : DC Wiki(p|m)edian meetup
- When? : Saturday, September 26th — 6 p.m. until it ends
- How? : See the directions.
- Where? : A RESERVATION HAS BEEN MADE FOR Burma Restaurant (see discussion about handicapped access).
DC 8th Meetup
The 8th DC meetup will be on September 26th at
a place to be decided Burma Restaurant, beginning at 6pm. We usually stay for several hours, and after that, some people may stay out a while longer for drinks somewhere.
Burma restaurant is located at 740 6th Street NW. The nearest Metro is Gallery Pl-Chinatown.
Attending Sept 26th meetup
- I can absolutely make the 26th. Count me in! SchuminWeb (Talk) 18:58, 3 September 2009 (UTC)
- And bringing my mother along. SchuminWeb (Talk) 00:33, 19 September 2009 (UTC)
- I am pretty certain. I can't ever be absolutely certain something won't come up, but the probability is high enough to put me in the "yes" group rather than the "maybe" group. -- BRG (talk) 14:11, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
Okay then. bd2412 T 18:37, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be late (and bringing a viola, coming from an orchestra rehearsal), but will be there! Kat Walsh (spill your mind?) 17:26, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
- Sounds good, I just learned about this group from the NY conference. Joshdboz (talk) 17:35, 6 September 2009 (UTC)
- Of course! Stu (aeiou)I'm Researching Wikipedia 17:56, 6 September 2009 (UTC)
- --NBahn (talk) 22:33, 6 September 2009 (UTC)
- But we should really decide where we're going. ;-) Kirill [talk] [pf] 02:35, 7 September 2009 (UTC)
- Finally, a decision on the date! I'm there. --rocketrye12 talk/contribs 14:02, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- Yup.⇒SWATJester Son of the Defender 03:17, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- I'll be there...gonna be my first time! The Blue Wizard (Update: Um, do I need to reserve a spot by myself? Also my friend is coming to the meetup as well...thanks for the answers!)
- Looking forward to meeting the D.C. crowd and to discussing the strategic planning process! User:Eekim 03:40, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Tznkai (talk) 03:18, 22 September 2009 (UTC)
#I should be able to make it, yup yup.FeanorStar7 (talk) 09:51, 23 September 2009 (UTC) Won't be able to make it; weather combined with not feeling well. sorry; see you next time.--FeanorStar7 (talk) 21:34, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
- I'm planning on it. -FrankTobia (talk) 18:00, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- What they hey! I'll be there. CarolMooreDC (talk) 17:48, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
- I'd like to come, but I go to school in Pittsburgh and I would likely be stranded by the G20 (Amtrak has decided not to sell tickets from Pittsburgh to DC on this date, I'm not sure about Greyhound). TML (talk) 16:57, 5 September 2009 (UTC)
- MZMcBride (talk) 08:16, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- Erik (talk | contribs | wt:film) 12:39, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- I'll try to come this time. Also, still have concerns about location, but if we are 100% sure they would accommodate any disabled person, then that's fine. --Aude (talk) 23:00, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Gavin Baker (talk) 15:11, 21 September 2009 (UTC)
- As sure as I'm sure that my name isn't Willow-tit-Willow... --Ser Amantio di NicolaoChe dicono a Signa?Lo dicono a Signa. 17:50, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- —Perceval 02:53, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- I live right by Chinatown and I'm quite interested in both Wikipedia and DC. I'm not very involved normally, but I feel like I should come see what this is all about. Qwerty0 (talk) 10:32, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- Darrell Duane I've got 5Rhythms Dance all day but if I'm not too exhausted I'll come down.
Maybe if in town
- If I can schedule my more-or-less monthly trip to DC for this weekend, then yes. I'll know for sure in a week or so. Newyorkbrad (talk) 23:03, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
Nope, but let me know about future events
- I have an event out of town that evening, but will try to come in the future. Argos'Dad 22:44, 10 September 2009 (UTC)
- Stuck in the souf' that weekend, won't be able to make it up. --Der Wohltemperierte Fuchs (talk) 03:22, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Very doubtful for this one ... but will likely make the next one if I know about it in time. — 03:35, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Please, advance notice is required. Three days before the event isn't long enough to plan. ~a (user • talk • contribs) 12:26, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- No can do this Saturday, will be out of town. Thanks for the invite, just the same.--JayJasper (talk) 21:56, 23 September 2009 (UTC)
- Exams, exams, exams! Nishkid64 (Make articles, not wikidrama) 05:10, 26 September 2009 (UTC)
- Work on something for a sunday for a change, then I might, --Shuliavrumi (talk) 20:27, 7 October 2009 (UTC)
- I'll try to make the next one, especially if it falls on a sunday. ~ PHDrillSergeant...§ 15:32, 26 October 2009 (UTC)
- Did not hear about it in time. Please let me know about the next one. Racepacket (talk) 02:45, 24 November 2009 (UTC)
Nope, and don't let me know about future events
- I signed under "don't let me know about future events" for DC 7, and I'm a bit surprised at getting a announcement for THIS meetup. I'd appreciate it if I didn't get another one next time. I won't be living in DC anytime soon (for the immediate, foreseeable future, anyway). If that changes, great. But as it is, please don't send me another announcement.
- Not interested in face time … already removed my name from the invite list … please stop bugging me about these. — Dennette (talk) 15:55, 25 September 2009 (UTC)
- I also am not interested and removed my name for DC 7. Stop bugging us we don't want to go. Figure out how to stop sending us invites. Crazyskipp64 (talk) 22:10, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
- ΣΑΠΦ (Sapph)Talk 16:52, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
Still being discussed. DISCUSSION OVER
Possible Pre-Meetup Activity
- National Book Festival held that day
- Mark Pellegrini has requested that someone/people take photographs of Thomas Eakins's paintings at the Hirshorn.
Burma is at 740 6th St, NW, near the Gallery Place/Chinatown metro station). It is advisable to take the Metrorail (Red, Green, or Yellow lines) to the Gallery Place station. There are parking garages in the area for those who wish to drive, but they may be expensive (especially if there is an event at the Verizon Center).
The DC metro system is one of the highest regarded public transportation systems in the United States. Normally this isn't saying much, but the system is rather good. All directions given will be provided in terms of the Washington Metro system.
Many suburban stations have significant amounts (as in hundreds of spaces) of parking, and it's free on weekends. Metro does allow bicycles on trains during off-peak times, and this being on a Saturday, it qualifies as off-peak.