|Frederick, MD||Washington, DC|
|June 23, 2012
12:00 PM - 1:30 PM
|June 24, 2012|
1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
The 2012 Great American Wiknic will be the second year of the Wiknic program, and we will be holding a number of Wiknic events in locations around the Washington, DC area, including Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia. A Wiknic is a great easy-in to real-life Wikipedia culture, and can lead to greater engagement in the wiki-community and with Wikimedia District of Columbia.
The Frederick, MD event will be held on Saturday, June 23, 2012 in Baker Park. Check out the event's Meetup page
Sharing of foodstuffs, like sharing knowledge, is invited and encouraged; accordingly, the Wiknic will be run on potluck basis.
- Saturday, June 23 2012
- 12:00 - 1:30 PM
- Baker Park (meet by the clock tower)
What to Bring
- Food and snacks for yourself and/or to share.
- A blanket
- Beach umbrellas
- Water and ice
- Card games
- Friends (even those new to Wikipedia)
- Wiki and free culture goodies and giveaways
What not to bring
- Items illegal in Maryland (including fireworks)
- Gas or charcoal cooking equipment
- Alcoholic beverages
- Zell Faze (talk) 20:52, 5 June 2012 (UTC)
- ubiquity (talk) 18:13, 20 June 2012 (UTC) I will be coming from Baltimore if anyone wants a ride.
- --Aude (talk) 21:40, 6 June 2012 (UTC)