|September 2020 +/-|
|San Diego 57 Wiknic||September 5, 2020|
|San Diego 58 (online)||September 12, 2020|
|Aotearoa/New Zealand 3 (online)||September 13, 2020|
|London (online)||September 13, 2020|
|South Africa 5 (online)||September 26, 2020|
|October 2020 +/-|
|BLT @ Maryland (online)||October 9, 2020|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
Hitchin Wikimedia meetup 1
Date and time: 7 February 2016 — 13:00 onwards
Location: The Millstream pub, Cambridge Road, Hitchin SG4 0JH
All will be welcome at the first Wikipedia meetup in Hitchin, a market town in north Hertfordshire handily placed near the A1(M) and Luton Airport. Our aim is to attract Wikipedians based in Hertfordshire and Bedfordshire, but obviously anyone who cares to come along will be happily received. Hitchin is also easily accessible for Wikipedians based in Cambridgeshire and London.
A meetup is a ideal opportunity to meet other Wikipedia enthusiasts, to discuss Wikipedia, or to get help from more experienced users. What's in mind is an informal event without a fixed agenda or finishing time—come down and talk about whatever you like as much or as little as you wish. Alcohol consumption is by no means compulsory.
The timing of the first Hitchin meeting on 7 February 2016 rather happily coincides with Wikipedia's fifteenth birthday, which is on 15 January.
Add your name to this list if you can make it to our meeting. Note that people of all ages and all Wikimedia projects are welcome.
Please also invite any Herts or Beds Wikimedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with)—spread the word!
- — 21:16, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
- Robevans123 (talk) 22:04, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
- Possibly, but I can't say for certain at this point. Thryduulf (talk) 23:12, 5 January 2016 (UTC)
- Leutha (talk) 13:16, 6 January 2016 (UTC)
- Apologies - Would have loved to have come but unfortunately I am away that weekend.Jason Rees (talk) 22:21, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
The location we have in mind is the Millstream, a pub on Cambridge Road heading north-east from Hitchin railway station towards Letchworth. The pub serves food, has plenty of parking, is suitable for all ages and has free Wifi. Menu includes Sunday roasts, all kinds of meat dishes including steaks and burgers, fish and chips, pasta, salad, sandwiches and desserts (and there are some vegetarian options). More details on drinks, menu etc. at the pub's website.
Rail and foot
The pub is less than half a mile from Hitchin railway station, which is on the Great Northern Route between London King's Cross and Cambridge, Peterborough or King's Lynn. Get off at Hitchin, go out of the station and turn right where you see a Tesco Express on the corner. Turn right on the roundabout onto the A505 Cambridge Road, crossing the road onto the left-hand side before you go under the railway bridge, and then follow the road right down to the pub. You will need to cross one more roundabout. The pub is on the left-hand side, just over a small bridge.
Those driving via the A1(M) are advised to get off at either junction 8 or junction 9 (it is the same distance roughly from each).
- If getting off at junction 8 take the A602 Stevenage Road towards Hitchin, then at the roundabout take the fourth exit onto the B656 Hitchin Hill. At the mini-roundabout go right into Queen Street, which will take you through the town with St Mary's Church on your left. When you come to a roundabout with a Baptist church on your right, go straight over and you will shortly see the railway station on your right. Thereafter follow the foot directions above.
- If getting off at junction 9 take the A505 Letchworth Gate towards Letchworth, then go left into Baldock Lane, which becomes Willian Road. Simply follow this road all the way to its end and then go left, and you will see the Millstream almost immediately on your right.