|December 2023 +/-|
|Ottawa Edit-athon||December 2, 2023|
|NYC Hacking Night||December 6, 2023|
|UK virtual 20||December 6, 2023|
|Upstate NY (online)||December 9, 2023|
|London 199||December 10, 2023|
|Aotearoa New Zealand Online||December 10, 2023|
|San Diego 106||December 11, 2023|
|Australian Open Community Meeting Online||December 13, 2023|
|Singapore 15||December 20, 2023|
|January 2024 +/-|
|Wikipedia Day NYC||January 14, 2024|
|Wikipedia Day Toronto||January 14, 2024|
|Full Meetup Calendar • Events calendar on Meta|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
This is a page dedicated to the social development of Wikipedians based, born, reared, schooled, working, visiting or holidaying in the island of Ireland. Events are primarily organised by the local User Group, Wikimedia Community Ireland.
You can find the details of the past discussions surrounding the creation Wikimedia Ireland chapter.
Wikimedia Community Ireland is now an officially recognised user group with regular events. If you would like to become more involved with administration of the Working Group, please get in touch with Shannon or Rebecca.
The next meet up takes place in Cork on 13 September 2018. Please come along.
Hi, folks! I am Renvoy, Wikimedian from Ukraine, and in the first days of April (until 4th), I will be visiting Ireland. It would be nice to meet with some local Wikimedians, so if anyone is interested in organising a meet-up on these dates, I would really appreciate it. We can just talk about global and local Wikimedia stuff or just chat about whatever comes to mind. I will spend most of my time in Dublin, so I think it is the most optimal place to do a meet-up there. Hope to see some of you in person.--Renvoy (talk) 11:39, 20 March 2023 (UTC)
- Hi @Renvoy, thanks for the suggestion! A good way to connect with those of us on the same mission. I have an academic article to finish next week, so I wouldn't have time to meet up for anything more than an hour if others were there to keep things going, and I can't really make a firm commitment. Anyone else around though? Iveagh Gardens (talk) 09:20, 31 March 2023 (UTC)
- @Iveagh Gardens Sorry for late response. It seems like nobody else is up for meeting. If you have time, tomorrow or tonight at any hour for quick chat, please let me know through DM :) Renvoy (talk) 16:02, 1 April 2023 (UTC)
- @Ériugena: - Alison talk 20:16, 2 April 2023 (UTC)
- @Renvoy great to hear from you! Unfortunately I am preparing to move house at the moment, so don't have the free time to meet up - I'm very sorry to miss your visit here. As you may have noticed we have not had a physical meet-up for a long time as the editing community in Ireland is small and geographically spread out :) Hope you enjoy your stay! Smirkybec (talk) 20:36, 2 April 2023 (UTC)
Here are some of the past meetups of Wikimedians in Ireland. You can find details of other past events in Ireland here.
- Members of the Working Group will attending and speaking at the CESI Annual Conference in Galway on 28 February. He will be speaking about using Wikipedia in Education. Go to the following website for more information 
- On 14 February we will be hosting an Introduction to Wikipedia/WWI edit-a-thon at Collins Barracks in Dublin. For more information on the Event Page
- We have planned our first social meetup since being recognised as a User Group. As we hope to run more events, I have created a separate page for it and will add links to the various social networks as they are created. You can find details here: Wikipedia:Meetup/Ireland 2
Possible meet-up early 2012
Preliminary discussion at Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Ireland#Proposal for a meet-up - all very welcome! to gauge interest and consider possible location and date.
Responses should be posted there for the moment please. RashersTierney (talk) 13:49, 12 January 2012 (UTC)
- Dublin looking the most likely venue for now. Thoughts? RashersTierney (talk) 01:48, 20 January 2012 (UTC)
December 3, 2010
- When: 7:00pm, Friday, 3 December, 2010
- Where: O'Connell's pub, 29 Sth. Richmond St., Dublin (near Portobello Bridge, LUAS stop Charlemont)
An informal meet-up is planned for this evening, starting in O'Connell's, which is quiet at this time and conducive to chatting. There is no set agenda, but if anyone would like to discuss any particular topic(s) they would be more than welcome.
Any Wikipedians (and friends) attending can avail of free entrance to a fund-raising concert for Haiti, headlined by Niamh Parsons, a few doors up in the Portobello Hotel, from 9:00 pm, and the nite-club later on.
There are at least half-a-dozen restaurants on Richmond St., and twice as many on the other side of the bridge, in case anyone gets the munchies.
- Sounds great Hohenloh. Count me in. If any 'regular' intends travelling from outside Dublin for this and needs a 'billet', drop me a line at my TP and I'll see if I can help out RashersTierney (talk) 14:54, 4 November 2010 (UTC)
- Count me in as well, Hohenloh. I'll spare you my singing voice but I'll bring a kazoo along just in case a string breaks on your guitar :-) --RA (talk) 13:59, 6 November 2010 (UTC)
- Give my best to O'Connell's and have a great evening. Too little notice and too far to travel unfortunately ... Fmph (talk) 12:20, 1 December 2010 (UTC)
September 25, 2010
- When: 2:00pm, 25th September, 2010
- Where: Kingston Hotel, Dún Laoghaire
A meet up is planned for the Dún Laoghaire on September 25th. The plan as as follows:
- 1:45pm - Meet in lobby of the Kingston Hotel, Dún Laoghaire; or at Mariners' Church, see google map
- 2:00pm - Lunch in the Kingston Hotel.
- 3:30pm - Private tour of National Maritime Museum of Ireland, courtesy of Clem McGann.
Ask at reception for the Wikipedia meet up. If you can't find the Kingston Hotel, Clem McGann will wait at the steeple of the Mariners' Church (the National Maritime Museum), which is close by but visible from around the town and bring you along to the hotel.
Dún Laoghaire has easy connections to Dublin city centre by bus and DART as well as mainline rail so it should be reasonably accessible to all.