|October 2018 +/-|
|BLT @ MCA, Chicago||October 2, 2018|
|Melaka 1||October 6, 2018|
|WikiConference Seoul 2018||October 6, 2018|
|San Diego 34 @ Manila Mesa||October 7, 2018|
|Women in Science @ NY Botanical Garden, NYC||October 10, 2018|
|Cork for Dublin2019||October 10, 2018|
|London 135||October 14, 2018|
|Rockies, and westward! @ WCNA2018||October 20, 2018|
|Pinoy Edit-a-Thon @ WCNA2018||October 20, 2018|
|Oxford 66||October 21, 2018|
|Edit-a-thon Brussels||October 23, 2018|
|BLT @ Magnum Fdn, NYC||October 27, 2018|
|New Delhi, India||October 28, 2018|
|November 2018 +/-|
|Kelantan 2||November 2, 2018|
|Hong Kong 118: Asian Month Edit-a-thon @ Fo Tan||November 3, 2018|
|BLT @ Staten Island Museum||November 10, 2018|
|London 136||November 11, 2018|
|San Diego 35 @ Chula Vista||November 11, 2018|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
- 1 Summary
- 2 Date and Venue
- 3 Intended audience
- 4 Agenda
- 5 Participants
- 6 Event report
- 7 Post-meetup summary/Blogs/News
The Wikipedia Meetup Kolkata was the sixteenth edition of Wikipedia/Wikimedia Meetup in Kolkata that was held on the 11th of May, 2016. The meetup was hosted as a part of a monthly get-together of Wikipedians (contributors and users)- predominantly Bengali Wikipedians- to meet up, discuss ongoing projects, share experiences, reach out and advocate for Wikipedia and Wikimedia. This Meetup was held in the run-up to the Wiki Conference India (WCI) - 2016. One of the primary aspects of this meet-up was to set context to the monthly bnwiki meetups that is being planned at the moment by active editors and contributors to improve Wikimedia Projects in Bengali.
Date and Venue
- Date: 11 June 2016 (Saturday)
- Time: 01:00 AM IST
Academy of Fine Arts 2, Cathedral Rd, Maidan, Kolkata, West Bengal 700020
- MAP: Map
Anyone who has contributed or is willing to contribute to Wikipedia and its sister projects. Members of all Wikimedia projects and Wikipedians from all languages.
- General discussion about the progress of the project and planning future activities in the region
- Monthly Bengali Wikipedia Meet-up.
KINDLY SEE BELOW:
Sign up using " # ~~~ " if you have an account or else add "# Your Name", under the appropriate section.
- Mouryan (cHiT-ChAt! - Contributions)
- Tito Dutta (talk)
- Ananya Mandal (talk)
- Sukanta Pal (talk)
- Kalyan Sarkar (talk)
- Rangan Datta (talk)
- Santanu Chandra (talk)
- Sumita Roy Dutta (talk)
- Sujay Chandra (talk)
- Indrajit Das (talk)
- Anirban Pal (talk)
- Tanmay Bir (talk)
Interested but unsure
The Kolkata Meetup was held on the 11th of June 2016 at The Academy of Fine Arts, Kolkata. The Meetup was attended by many of the active community members from the Bengali Wikipedia majorly hailing from Kolkata.
The Meetup was attended by a total 15 people from West Bengal. It included both core Wikipedians from Bengali Wikipedia and we were also joined by two newbies interested in associating with the Movement and from Commons.
Academy of Fine Arts 2, Cathedral Rd, Maidan, Kolkata 700020
1:00 PM to 6:15 PM
- Introduce The Wikimedia India Chapter and its functions
- To get to know about the CIS-A2K initiatives and programs.
- Important Meet-up in the run up to the WCI 2016 at Kolkata
- discussion and planning on the strategies concerning Bengali Wikipedia in the immediate future.
- setting overall context and having extensive discussion with regard to the monthly bnwiki meetups that is being planned at the moment by active editors and contributors to improve Wikimedia Projects in Bengali.
- Briefing by Wikipedian Santanu Chandra regarding the two GLAM projects currently running in the Eastern India and based out of Kolkata; the Kolkata Litttle Magazine and St. Johns' Church
- Permanent solution to a permanent venue
- Starting a Telegram group to better coordinate activities among core group members(with IRC-linkup); an idea pitched by Wikipedian Sukanta Pal
- Briefing by Wikipedian Ananya Mandal regarding her pet project; Wiki Loves Butterfly
- Ideas to improve coordination between CIS and Bnwiki
- Deliberating creation of a Forum where editors can post complaints etc on Bengali Wikipedia; an idea proposed by Wikipedian Mourya Biswas.
- Decision to spread the Movement out of Kolkata with primary target on Tier-II towns of West Bengal and share responsibilities to mentor new contributors.
- Welcoming new volunteers to assist those Wikipedians primarily associated with conducting Outreach Activities in online reportage of their activities.
- Discussion pertaining to introducing Person of the month concept in Bengali Wikipedia and Bengali Wikisource; an idea proposed by Wikipedian Sumita Roy Dutta.
- Introduction to the new Google books tool
- Discussions with regard to confusion surrounding Categories and doubt clearance.
- Community members made aware of the on-going (june) month-long Wiki Loves Earth photography contest.
- Discussing and analyzing the outcomes of the various Wikipedia Takes Kolkata photo walks.
- General discussion wrt. Monthly Meetup
- Interaction with two new editors
- Travelling Expenses - ₹1700/-
- Venue Booking - ₹800/-
- Food for Participants (at ₹100/- per head × 11 + ₹125/- per head x 4) - ₹1600/- + 12 disposable Water bottle (at ₹25/-) - ₹300/- Sum Total: - ₹1900/-
Total = ₹4,400/-
The community discussed and planned on the strategies concerning Bengali Wikipedia in the immediate future. A Telegram group has been started to better coordinate activities among core group members(with IRC-linkup). A forum is soon to be created where editors can post complaints etc on Bengali Wikipedia. An important decision to spread the Wikimedia Movement out of Kolkata with primary target on Tier-II towns of West Bengal and share responsibilities to mentor new contributors was also made during this Meetup.