|Join our Facebook group or follow us on Twitter!|
This page is intended to coordinate Wikipedian gatherings in the Los Angeles area. Hope to see you at one!
- March 31, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at the California African American Museum (Exposition Park). Focus: Women artists in CAAM's collection. 1–4pm.
- March 25, 2019: LMU Library Edit-a-thon 2019 at Loyola Marymount University William H. Hannon Library, 9am-6pm. Focus: Women's History and the intersections of race, gender, and sexuality.
- March 17, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at LACMA (Miracle Mile). Focus: Women+Design+Craft. Noon–5pm.
- March 10, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at the Hammer Museum (Westwood). Focus: Women+Film+Media. Noon–5pm.
- March 9, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at the Vincent Price Art Museum (Monterey Park). Focus: Latinx Women + Non-Binary Artists. Noon–4pm.
- March 3, 2019: Art+Feminism Meetup at the ICA Los Angeles (DTLA). Focus: Women+Comedy. Noon–5pm.
- March 3, Wikipedia:Meetup/Los Angeles/March 2019
- February 24, 2019: Wikipedia Day LA 2019
- January 15, 2019: Closing the Gap: A Wikipedia Edit-a-thon for Diversity and Inclusion, 11am to 2pm, Doheny Memorial Library at the University of Southern California
Gatherings of Wikipedia editors offer opportunities to socialize, discuss Wikipedia-related topics, and exchange knowledge and experiences from the universe that is Wikipedia. An edit-a-thon or workshop is a popular type of event that brings people together to edit Wikipedia in a shared space. These events often focus on improving coverage related to certain topics and are often organized in collaboration with a sponsoring organization or venue, such as a university, museum, or library. These events almost always offer training and support for new editors. If you are new to Wikipedia and want a little help getting started, consider joining us at a local event!
Invites for upcoming events are sent to the list Wikipedia:Meetup/LA/Invites. Feel free to add yourself to the list!