Add your name to this list if you can make it on 8th March. Note that people of all ages are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikipedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Add your name to the list
Theresa Knott | token threats 15:24, 10 February 2009 (UTC)(Sorry but unexpected guests have turned up, so I can't come this time) Theresa Knott | token threats 07:15, 8 March 2009 (UTC)
- Harrypotter (talk) 09:02, 11 February 2009 (UTC)
- Probably. Where's the 'remind me' function? Algebraist 01:33, 12 February 2009 (UTC)
Ooo, this is very tempting. Can I put myself as tentative, i'll have a better idea nearer the time. --Ged UK (talk) 12:43, 20 February 2009 (UTC)Blast, double booked, can't make it :( --Ged UK (talk) 12:46, 22 February 2009 (UTC) Ten-four. See you all there! haz (talk) 11:05, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
- Ironholds (talk) 15:13, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
- WereSpielChequers 15:19, 28 February 2009 (UTC)
- Tom B (talk) 23:58, 4 March 2009 (UTC)
- Possible. As I said here, I happen to be in London on that day, so I'll see what I can do. However, I have quite a lot to do up there, so I can't say for definite. Best, PeterSymonds (talk) 16:34, 6 March 2009 (UTC)
- Deryck C. moved to England almost 2 years ago and finally wants to come to a meetup! Will any signs of WP/WM be put up to identify everybody? 10:52, 7 March 2009 (UTC)
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikipedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Eat Sunday lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is Sunday lunch)
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikipedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're on the large tables immediately opposite as one enters the pub.
Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station (Piccadilly line and Central Line) and Chancery Lane tube station (Central Line). Farringdon tube station (Metropolitan Line, Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line) is not too far (0.5 miles), nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
Several bus routes also go direct to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Bendy bus 25 as well as the 8 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.