|April 2019 +/-|
|Canberra, Australia||April 4, 2019|
|BLT @ Philadelphia, PA||April 5, 2019|
|Art+Feminism, @ Jacob Lawrence
Gallery, UW Seattle
|April 6, 2019|
|Kedah 1||April 14, 2019|
|London 141||April 14, 2019|
|San Diego 39 @ Chula Vista||April 14, 2019|
|SF Main Library @ San Francisco, CA||April 17, 2019|
|Kelantan 2||April 21, 2019|
|Oxford 71||April 28, 2019|
|BLT @ Houston, TX||April 30, 2019|
|May 2019 +/-|
|San Francisco Bay Area WikiSalon||May 1, 2019|
|BLT @ Houston||May 11, 2019|
|London 142||May 12, 2019|
|Palomar Observatory tour||May 19, 2019|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP NUMBER 20
Date and time: Sunday 12th April — 13:00
Location: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn WC1
This was the 20th LONDON Wikipedia meet-up on Sunday, 12th April 2009. We met for lunch again at The Penderel's Oak, Holborn WC1 at 1pm.
Add your name to this list if you can make it in April. Note that people of all ages are welcome!
Please also invite any London Wikipedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 19:22, 10 March 2009 (UTC)
- Tom B (talk) 22:58, 18 March 2009 (UTC)
--GedUK 20:52, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
- Harrypotter (talk) 23:26, 23 March 2009 (UTC)
- Ironholds (talk) 03:17, 25 March 2009 (UTC)
- Howie ☎ 00:07, 28 March 2009 (UTC)
- — RHaworth (Talk | contribs) 17:26, 13 April 2009 (UTC)
- Skinny87 - Please remind me, someone! Skinny87 (talk) 11:49, 5 April 2009 (UTC)
- PeterSymonds, possibly, depending on whether I'm back from Huddersfield in time. PeterSymonds (talk) 21:12, 9 April 2009 (UTC)
- Theresa Knott | token threats 18:06, 10 April 2009 (UTC)
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikipedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Eat Sunday lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is Sunday lunch)
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikipedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're on the large tables immediately opposite as one enters the pub.
Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station (Piccadilly line and Central Line) and Chancery Lane tube station (Central Line). Farringdon tube station (Metropolitan Line, Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line) is not too far (0.5 miles), nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
Several bus routes also go direct to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Bendy bus 25 as well as the 8 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
- UK Chapter 2.0 will invariably turn up