|September 2018 +/-|
|Bristol 3||September 1, 2018|
|London 134||September 9, 2018|
|Indonesia-Malaysia 2||September 10, 2018|
|Seattle @ Café Allegro||September 11, 2018|
|Sydney @ The Grand Hotel||September 12, 2018|
|Cork for Dublin2019||September 13, 2018|
|Kuala Lumpur 5||September 15, 2018|
|Oxford 65||September 16, 2018|
|Auckland 9||September 16, 2018|
|San Diego 33||September 16, 2018|
|BLT in Harlem||September 19, 2018|
|EaT12 @ Amon Carter Museum||September 20, 2018|
|Perth 52||September 23, 2018|
|Bay Area WikiSalon @ WMF HQ San Francisco||September 26, 2018|
|Women in Horticulture at Temple Ambler||September 29, 2018|
|Wiki Takes New Mexico||September 29, 2018|
|Cambridge 38||September 29, 2018|
|7th Los Angeles Wiknic||September 30, 2018|
|October 2018 +/-|
|San Diego 34 @ Manila Mesa||October 7, 2018|
|London 135||October 14, 2018|
|Rockies, and westward! @ WCNA2018||October 20, 2018|
|Pinoy Edit-a-Thon @ WCNA2018||October 20, 2018|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP NUMBER 25
Date and time: Sunday 13th September — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it in September. Note that people of all ages are welcome! Please also invite any London Wikipedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- Harrypotter (talk)
- I am going to be in London then and I hope to turn up. I am Treasurer of Wikimedia Australia and would certainly like to talk to the Wikimedia UK folks. If you have questions about out GLAM conference, I may be able to answer them but I am not fully up to speed on all aspects even though I was at the conference earlier this month. Bduke (Discussion) 00:59, 15 August 2009 (UTC)
- Almost certainly, as usual, unless I am travelling. — Werdna • talk 19:31, 21 August 2009 (UTC)
- James F. (talk) 17:16, 26 August 2009 (UTC)
- Probably. I am poor, so I will be scumming drinks off people shamelessly. At least real ale is cheap at Wetherspoons. - David Gerard (talk) 20:33, 11 September 2009 (UTC)
- Most likely. After all, I'll be in town within walking distance. Cheers. --davidstrauss (talk) 19:54, 12 September 2009 (UTC)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda.
If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikipedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Eat Sunday lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is Sunday lunch)
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikipedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're on the large tables immediately opposite as one enters the pub.
Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station (Piccadilly line and Central Line) and Chancery Lane tube station (Central Line). Farringdon tube station (Metropolitan Line, Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line) is not too far (0.5 miles), nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
Several bus routes also go direct to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Bendy bus 25 as well as the 8 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.