|September 2020 +/-|
|San Diego 57 Wiknic||September 5, 2020|
|San Diego 58 (online)||September 12, 2020|
|Aotearoa/New Zealand 3 (online)||September 13, 2020|
|London (online)||September 13, 2020|
|South Africa 5 (online)||September 26, 2020|
|October 2020 +/-|
|BLT @ Maryland (online)||October 9, 2020|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
LONDON WIKIPEDIA MEETUP NUMBER 26
Date and time: Sunday 11th October — 13:00 onwards
Location: Penderel's Oak pub, Holborn WC1
Add your name to this list if you can make it in October. Note that people of all ages are welcome! Please also invite any London Wikipedia people you know (or have had wiki dealings with) – spread the word!
- James F. (talk) 22:57, 13 September 2009 (UTC)
- ϢereSpielChequers 19:43, 18 September 2009 (UTC)
- Should be there. Moreschi (talk) 18:49, 30 September 2009 (UTC)
- Mike Peel (talk) 08:27, 1 October 2009 (UTC) We'll be holding an in person Wikimedia UK board meeting at this wikimeet. It will be mostly informal, aimed at discussing the general aims of the chapter in a better location than on IRC, but with the ability to make decisions as a Board if appropriate. I don't know whether it will be held separately from the wikimeet (just at the same time/location), or the two merged together - that will depend on everyone's viewpoint both here and on the day, I guess.
- Plan to be there.©Geni 00:49, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
- Expecting to be able to make it. 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:26, 2 October 2009 (UTC)
- Will be attending for the purposes of the WMUK Board Meeting! --Skenmy(t•c•n) 12:42, 3 October 2009 (UTC)
- Will do my best to be there. — RHaworth 16:46, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
- Glad I will finally be able to make one! AndrewRT(Talk) 22:26, 6 October 2009 (UTC)
- Will try to get there --Redrose64 (talk) 10:24, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- I will give it a go --Alchemist Jack (talk) 13:07, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- Harry Wood (talk) 13:55, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
- Count me in!Harrypotter (talk)
Informal chitchat with no set agenda. If you have some ideas for discussion topics, please put them forward below.
About the meet up
A social gathering for Wikipedia enthusiasts. Where we...
- Eat Sunday lunch and drink some beers (although beer isn't required, nor is Sunday lunch)
- Chat about Wikipedia and any other topics we fancy.
Mainly a casual social event. You can expect to meet some very keen Wikipedians, however this is also an open invite for anyone interested in finding out more about Wikipedia, other Wikimedia projects, projects re-using Wikipedia, and other collaborative wiki projects. Also wiki technology, MediaWiki, or discussing the business impact of mass collaboration. Feel free to come along and raise these discussions over a beer.
The pub is quite quiet and family friendly on a Sunday lunchtime, so hopefully younger Wikipedians will also feel welcome and safe.
Alcohol consumption is certainly not required!
Location: Penderel's Oak
It's easy to find us - we're on the large tables immediately opposite as one enters the pub.
Penderel's Oak is between Holborn tube station (Piccadilly line and Central Line) and Chancery Lane tube station (Central Line). Farringdon tube station (Metropolitan Line, Hammersmith & City Line and Circle Line) is not too far (0.5 miles), nor is City Thameslink (0.6 miles).
Several bus routes also go direct to Holborn station; if travelling from Waterloo, it is quicker to travel by bus (1, 59, 68, 171, 188, 243 or 521) than tube. Bendy bus 25 as well as the 8 and 242 stop outside the pub.
Visit the TfL Journey Planner for more information about your fastest route.