|Wikipedia Meetups in the Philippines|
Canaman Public Library
Canaman, Camarines Sur
August 15, 2012
Filipino Wikipedians have held eight meetups so far in the Metro Manila area.
Summary of previous meetups
- Manila 1 - held on May 20, 2007 in Kenny Rogers Roasters and Starbucks inside SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila. Primarily discussed were the Articles of Incorporation of Wikimedia Philippines and some details of the Bylaws.
- Manila 2 - held on Septemper 2, 2007 in Marina Restaurant at the CCP Complex, Pasay City, Metro Manila. This also served as a dialogue with the WikiPilipinas people.
- Manila 3 - held on October 21, 2007 in Starbucks in The Podium, Ortigas, Pasig City (near SM Megamall). This served as a dialogue with Tin Mandigma of Read or Die Philippines about her organization's success and how it would apply to Wikimedia Philippines.
- Manila 4 - held on July 19, 2008 in Figaro and Super Bowl of China in SM Mall of Asia. It was supposed to be called as First Wikipedia Tambayan Gimik, but it turned out to be an actual meetup between English, Tagalog and Kapampangan Wikipedia contributors.
- Manila 5 - held on September 19, 2009 in Burger King at SM Mall of Asia. The principal agenda was the revision of the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws. The status of the other Philippine Wikimedia projects (Wikibooks, Wikiquotes) was also discussed.
- Manila 6 - held at four different venues at four different dates. The objective of this meetup is to formalize the incorporation of Wikimedia Philippines as a non-profit, non-stock corporation. 6A on March 28, 2010 at Coffee Bean, Robinson's Place Manila (Ermita, Manila); 6B on March 29, 2010 at Teriyaki Boy, Robinsons Galleria (Ortigas, Quezon City); 6C on March 29, 2010 at Jollibee Kalentong (Kalentong, San Juan City) and 6D on March 30, 2010 at Starbucks Metrowalk (Ortigas, Pasig City)
- Manila 7 - held on May 1, 2010 at the Starbucks, Megastrip Slot #2, Upper Ground Floor, Building A, SM Megamall, Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila. This was a pre-launch event of Wikimedia Philippines. Wikimedia Philippines was duly recognized by the international community on March 12, 2010 and was incorporated on April 12, 2010. The official delegates to the Wikimedia Conference in Berlin, Germany reported their achievements to the organization. Pasalubongs were given out.
- Manila 8 - held on May 15, 2010 at the Bulwagang Manileño, Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila, City of Manila, Metro Manila. This is also known as the First Annual Convention of Wikimedia Philippines and the event serves as a soft-launch for the non-profit organization.
- Manila 9 - held at the UCCP Shalom Center, Malate, City of Manila, Metro Manila, last June 19, 2010 (Saturday) from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm. This was the First Quarterly meeting Wikimedia Philippines as stated on its By-laws.
- This is a list of users who have attended past meet-ups in Metro Manila.
- Alphapeta (5th)
- Alternativity (2nd)
- Berserkerz Crit (1st)
- Cloudhand (5th) (6th) (7th) (8th) (9th)
- Eaglestorm (5th)
- Exec8 (1st) (2nd) (3rd) (4th) (5th) (6th) (7th) (8th)
- Jojit (1st) (2nd) (3rd) (4th) (5th) (6th) (7th) (8th) (9th)
- Jondel (1st)
- Jordz (5th)
- Lee Heon Jin (5th) (7th) (8th)
- Katimawan2005 (4th)
- Lenticel (2nd) (3rd)
- Nino Gonzales (2nd) (3rd)
- Noraft (8th) (9th)
- Scorpion prinz (1st) (2nd) (6th) (7th) (8th) (9th)
- seav (1st) (2nd) (3rd) (6th) (7th) (8th) (9th)
- Sky Harbor (1st) (3rd) (5th) (7th) (8th) (9th)
- Tito Pao (1st) (2nd) (5th) (6th) (8th) (9th)
- TheCoffee (6th)
- Nickrds09 (7th)
Participants with no username on any Wikimedia-related projects
- Johnny Alegre (8th) (9th)
- Cynthia Alegre (8th) (9th)
- Dong Ballesteros (6th) (8th) (9th)
- Fabian Mangahas (8th)
- Juned Solido (9th)
- William Songco (6th)
|Meetups in the Philippines|
May 2007 | September 2007 | October 2007 | July 2008
September 2009 | March 2010 | May 1, 2010 | May 15, 2010
June 2010 | September 2010 | November 2010 | January 2011
February 2011 | August 2011 | November 2011 | May 2012