Wikipedia:Meetup/NCL/ArtAndFeminism 2016/Newcastle Upon Tyne City Library Training Session
|When and Where|
|Date:||Saturday, February 13, 2016|
|Time:||11:00 am – 2:00 pm|
33 New Bridge Street West
|City/State:||Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8AX United Kingdom|
The Wikipedia training and Edit-a-thon will take place in Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK.
- October 17, 2015: 2015 Art+Feminism – October
- November 14, 2015: 2015 Art+Feminism – November
- February 13, 2016: 2016 Art+Feminism Training Session
- March 5, 2016: Newcastle Upon Tyne will also take part in the Global Edit-a-Thon on Saturday March 5, 2016 11:00 am – 4:00 pm @ Newcastle City Library.
- Date: Saturday, February 13, 2016
- Time: 11:00 am – 2:00 pm
- Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne, City Library, 33 New Bridge Street West, IT Suite, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8AX United Kingdom
Please bring a laptop with you!
Sign here to help us learn more about how users interact with Wikipedia! If you sign up, we can observe how your username uses the Wikimedia projects during and after this event. This will help us to better measure the effectiveness of this event and similar programs. This means that your publicly available activity and the information you share with us during this event may be processed by the Wikimedia Foundation, Art+Feminism, and the organizers of the local event, and may be transferred to or from the US and other countries that may not have the same level of privacy regulation that your country does. However, we will not share your information with third parties or publicly unless it's in aggregated or anonymized form.
Please add your Wikipedia username to the appropriate section below (signatures are created by saving four tildes [~] in a row). If you haven't edited Wikipedia before, we will help you register for a new Wikipedia editing account on the day-of.
- Jo BamSistahood (talk) 08:40, 13 February 2016 (UTC)Jo Bamsistahood
- Sjsolanki (talk) 11:50, 13 February 2016 (UTC)
- BAMSISTERHOODKEM (talk) 12:45, 13 February 2016 (UTC)
List of articles to edit
Below is a list of articles that would benefit from edits and expansion during the edit-a-thon.
- Mariam Rezaei
- Lalya Gaye 
- Nazli Tabatabai-Khatambakhsh
- Tina Gharavi
- Chi Onwurah
- Jackie Kay
- Simi Ali 
- Siddiqua Mazhar 
See also: Wikipedia:Meetup/ArtAndFeminism/Tasks
List of nominated Inspiring BAMER Women in the North East
Extensive research and citation is needed for most of the figures below before we can create a individual page as a criteria of notability accepted under Wikipedia guidelines.
- Chi Onwurah, politician
- Simi Ali, scientist
- Hannabiell Sanders, musician
- Yilis Del Carmel Suriel, musician
- Lalya Gaye, artist
- Tina Gharavi, film maker/director
- Nazli Tabatabai-Khatambakhsh, Artistic Director, Artist/performer
- Nikki Godden, academic law
- Siddiqua Mazhar, academic mathematician
- Mariam Rezaei, Musician
- Sade Sangowawa, cultural manager enterprise and social work
- Yvette Hawkins, artist
- Yve Anthea Ngoo, artist
- Sneha Solanki, artist/scientist
- Clymene Christoforou, Artistic Director and arts activist
- Jackie Kay, poet
- Padma Rao, arts and diversity
- Kath Boodhai, Museums & Heritage, Outreach Officer & Well-Being Programme Lead (TWAM)
- Umme Imam, Director and women's activism
- Gloria S Mosha, Manager public health and women's activism
- Shamshad Iqbal, Domestic violence Advocate, support worker, manager
- Ranjana Bell MBE, equality and diversity activist
Notability Guidelines for: Authors, editors, journalists, filmmakers, photographers, artists, architects, and other creative professionals: Wikipedia:Notability (people)#Creative professionals
More information here on seeking reliable sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability#What_counts_as_a_reliable_source
NOTE: There is possibility of a page not being accepted through Wikipedia. However, BAM!Sistahood! Project will accept all entries for their digital online Archive.
Resources for editing
- Cheat sheet
- Gender gap resources.
- Notability Guidelines for: Authors, editors, journalists, filmmakers, photographers, artists, architects, and other creative professionals:
- More information here on seeking reliable sources: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Verifiability#What_counts_as_a_reliable_source
List of Wikipedia articles attendees have worked to improve.
- Lalya Gaye - DRAFT
- Simi Ali - DRAFT
- Siddiqua Mazhar - DRAFT
- Sneha Solanki - DRAFT
- Umme Imam - researched
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ArtAndFeminism 2016.|