Wikipedia:Meetup/NYC/ArtAndFeminism 2016 Training 1
|When and Where|
|Date:||Monday, February 1, 2016|
|Time:||6:30 pm to 8:30 pm|
|Address:||Graduate Center, CUNY|
365 5th Avenue
|City/State:||New York, NY 10016|
Art+Feminism | Train the Trainers | 1 Feb 2016
Wikipedia's gender trouble is well documented. In a 2011 survey, the Wikimedia Foundation found that only 8.5% of its contributors are female. While the reasons for the gender gap are up for debate, the practical effect of this disparity is not: content is skewed by the lack of female participation. This represents an alarming absence in an increasingly important repository of shared knowledge.
The tools of change are in your hands. Join Art+Feminism Monday, February 1, 2016 for Train the Trainer at the Graduate Center, CUNY. We'll meet in the lobby of the Grad Center at 6:30 and head down to the library together. If you run late, we'll be in Room C196.01 (in the basement of the library). You'll have to bring a form of ID and check in with security in the front. The address is 365 5th Ave (at 34th St). This workshop is geared towards people who have stepped forward to volunteer at the March 5th event. Registration required.
Organized by Siân Evans/Art Libraries Society of North America's Women and Art Special Interest Group, Dorothy Howard/Metropolitan New York Library Council, Jacqueline Mabey/failed projects, and Michael Mandiberg in collaboration with POWarts.
- Date: Monday, February 1, 2016
- Time: 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Venue: Graduate Center, CUNY, 365 5th Avenue (at 34th Street), Room C196.01, New York, NY 10016
- Meet in the lobby of the Grad Center at 6:30 pm
- You may be required to show identification to the security desk in the lobby to access the elevators to the room.
- Cost: Free
- Participants: This workshop is geared towards people who have stepped forward to volunteer at the March 5th event.
- Registration: Please register on the Eventbrite listing.
- Twitter Hashtag: #ArtAndFeminism
- Beginner Lesson Plan: For reference, here is the beginner lesson plan we will run through.
If you are unfamiliar with Wikipedia, you might try this training module which will help explain a lot of things, including how to add your signature.
- Theredproject (talk) 22:00, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
- Failedprojects (talk) 22:02, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
- Siankevans (talk) 22:21, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
- Dilettante Army (talk) 9:28, 1 February 2016 (UTC)
- Archivalgold (talk) 00:23, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- Darlakitty (talk) 00:33, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- Jskarlin (talk) 00:40, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- ObscuraScientia (talk) 00:41, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- CeliaRuthless (talk) 00:41, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- Patmcd55 (talk) 00:42, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
- Emilyg315 (talk) 00:43, 2 February 2016 (UTC)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to ArtAndFeminism 2016.|
- Art+Feminism Meetup page
- The Museum of Modern Art
- Professional Organization for Women in the Arts (POWarts)
- Wikipedia Meetup - NYC (main events page)
- Wikimedia New York City