We'll have a meet-and-greet and general discussion hour for newbies and oldies at 4 pm, and the dinner will start at 5 pm.
Bring your own ideas!
- Follow-up on ideas raised in past meetings
- Chapter business
- Post-501c3 nonprofit filing and other paperwork
- Looking for help with membership sorting and elections
- Speakers and roundtable discussions
- Questions and input from wiki-newbies
- SOPA and what we can/should do
- Strategic Proposal Draft, thoughts, questions, concerns.
- Pharos (talk) 17:56, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- kosboot (talk) 18:16, 7 December 2011 (UTC)
- Peter.C • talk • contribs 03:48, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- Mitch32(Never support those who think in the box) 03:52, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- Becksguy (talk) 05:52, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- TMH (talk) 14:40, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- DGG ( talk ) 00:47, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- Nadakumar 09:30, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
- Jim.henderson (talk) 14:23, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- Scottandrewhutchins (talk) 22:49, 12 December 2011 (UTC) I got kicked out of the Gotham Rock Choir, which has a concert that night, so I'll be there. It will likely be my last meeting with this chapter for the foreseeable future.
- Daniel Case (talk) 22:06, 16 December 2011 (UTC)
- Jeremyb (talk) 04:14, 17 December 2011 (UTC)
- Need to be at work in the Bronx at 5pm. —Elipongo (Talk contribs) 04:14, 8 December 2011 (UTC)
- Doing the DC meetup on Saturday instead. A fluffernutter is a sandwich! (talk) 17:43, 13 December 2011 (UTC)
- Looks like I lost that unused bus ticket. — Dispenser 16:32, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
- Won't be able to make it after all. --Outis010 (talk) 21:21, 18 December 2011 (UTC)
Attendees of record
- Wikipedians/Wikimedians, from the sign-up sheet.
Topics of discussion
It was announced that Wikipedia Day NYC is likely for Jan 28 or 29 at NYU.
Richard User:Pharos and others discussed progress towards IRS recognition as a non-profit organization, and in that connection the naming of a membership secretary and a treasurer.
User:Daniel Case led a talk on the Stop Online Piracy Act and possible Wikipedia:SOPA initiative community responses. He outlined the different potential impacts of this and other past and current legislative initiatives against Internet piracy. He recommended that members write letters to New York's two US Senators (of whom the junior is already on the other side) and other public officials, but suggested that an immediate "strike" to shut down Wikipedia temporarily in protest would be premature. User:Jeremyb went into more technical detail.