|When and Where|
|Date||Wednesday, March 20, 2019|
|Time||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm|
599 11th Avenue, 8th Floor
Wikimedia New York City invites you to attend its monthly WikiWednesday Salon and Skillshare on Wednesday, March 20th from 7:00 pm - 9:00 PM at Metropolitan New York Library Council. No experience of absolutely anything is necessary. All are welcome!
All attendees are subject to Wikimedia NYC's Code of Conduct.
- Date: Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Time: 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: Metropolitan New York Library Council, 599 11th Avenue, 8th Floor (southwest corner of 45th Street and 11th Avenue)
- Subway: A, C, E, 1, 2, 3, 7, N, Q, R, W to Times Square or 7 to Hudson Yards
- Bus: M42, M12, M50
- Citi Bike: There is a Citi Bike station located one block away at 46th Street and 11th Avenue
- Accessibility: An elevator is available to take attendees to the 8th floor. If you require additional accommodations or have any other needs (dietary, etc.), please let us know at email@example.com.
- Welcome and introductions
- Recent events
- Art + Feminism Campaign
- #HerNaturalHistory Edit-a-thon @NYBG
- Pi Day/STEM 3/14 @ Fordham
- Women's History: The Suffrage Movement 3/6 & 3/7 @ Fordham | Volunteers Attempt to Fill the Gender Gap on Wikipedia Fordham News article
- Art+Feminism 3/1 @ Fordham
- Pratt Institute Library Nonbinary & Gender Nonconforming Art+Feminism Wikipedia Edit-a-thon 2019
- Upcoming events
- Share + Discuss
- Movement Strategy 2030. If you have time, check out the scoping documents. Join our Slack channel to continue the discussion.
gauging interest in, and discussion of, potential more systematic or formalized debate around gender on Wikidata/Wikimedia projects(running out of time)
- (AND please note, you can ask questions, add comments, and engage in discussions on each of them.)
We'll be having informal post-meetup drinks at a bar near the Metropolitan NY Library Council starting at 9pm, in recognition of several drinking-related holidays this time of year. Not required, pay on your own.
- Location: Hellcat Annie's Tap Room, 637 10th Ave.
- Emjackson42 (talk) 13:32, 13 March 2019 (UTC) So sorry - something has come up. Hope to see you next time!
- kosboot (talk) 15:21, 17 March 2019 (UTC)
- This is Purim, and I am reading a portion of the Megillat Esther as usual. I hope to come at some point.--Kew Gardens 613 (talk) 19:19, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
- Lwilcken (talk) 19:48, 20 March 2019 (UTC) I had responded in the affirmative, but something's come up, and I won't be able to make it. My apologies. Please keep me in the loop.
- Grad school and work are killing me. Bearian (talk) 21:36, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- Megs (talk) 20:59, 10 March 2019 (UTC)
- Ronald Sexton (talk) 23:05, 10 March 2019 (UTC)
- Frenezulo (talk) 12:14, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
- Mozucat (talk) 16:13, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
- Pajaritowiki (talk) 21:51, 11 March 2019 (UTC)
- Pharos (talk) 11:25, 15 March 2019 (UTC)
- — Rhododendrites talk \\ 13:20, 16 March 2019 (UTC)
- Nudgol (talk) 06:45, 17 March 2019 (UTC)
- Roman Spinner (talk • contribs) 08:20, 17 March 2019 (UTC)
- Scottandrewhutchins (talk) 17:01, 18 March 2019 (UTC) Had conflicts the last few months. Happy to be back.
- Jim.henderson (talk) 14:43, 19 March 2019 (UTC)
- --- FULBERT (talk) 12:19, 20 March 2019 (UTC) (I may be 30 minutes late due to a conflicting Wikimedia meeting, though am planning to attend).
- Vyeh (talk) 17:38, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- BlaueBlüte (talk) 21:34, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- ilovepiday (talk) 23:45, 20 March 2019 (UTC)
- Jeremyb (talk) 00:42, 21 March 2019 (UTC)
- Windblown29 (talk) 01:46, 21 March 2019 (UTC)