About 40 people joined in for the Prospect Park Wiknic.
Remember, it's a wiki-picnic, which means: potluck.
The best 3 subway stations are [probably in descending order]:
- Seventh Avenue (IND Culver Line) for the F and G
- Grand Army Plaza (IRT Eastern Parkway Line) for 2, 3, and 4
- Prospect Park (BMT Brighton Line) for the Q and Franklin Avenue Shuttle
- (note that 15th Street - Prospect Park (IND Culver Line) has only partial service, and is not the closest on the F and G line anyway).
Volunteers for potluck food, supplies and recreations
- Burgers and other things to grill (beef, turkey, veggie) —
- Breadstuffs —
- Salads, Fruits, Veggies —
- Hummus, condiments and spreads -
- Cultural specialty dishes —
- Utensils — King of ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠
- Plates/cups — Pharos (talk)
- Water and soft drinks — Pharos (talk)
- Staking out space and bringing signage — Pharos (talk)
- Grill and cooking - Mitchazenia (I have several years experience on grill cooking and can cook things from bacon to hot dogs, bratwurst, hamburgers (any way you want), etc ).
- Internet (mobile hotspot) — Picnic House Node About 350 ft radius, was working June 1st.
- Fun and games —
Free Culture Alliance Festival
This event will be open to all parts of the Free culture movement, so sign up your group to come and represent!
- Ask a Wikipedian!
- Share other free knowledge projects like OpenStreetMap
- Discuss effort to Support Public Access to Research in New York
|December 2016 +/-|
|Grey Literature Edit-a-thon @ NYAM||December 1, 2016|
|Contemporary Chinese Art @ Guggenheim||December 3, 2016|
|BBC 100 Women (18 locations worldwide)||December 8, 2016|
|BLT @ BRIC Brooklyn||December 10, 2016|
|Women Avant-Garde Music @ CommendNYC||December 11, 2016|
|Selangor 1||December 11, 2016|
|London 113||December 11, 2016|
|GLAM Café @ Chemical Heritage Foundation||December 13, 2016|
|Cascadia Wikimedians annual meeting||December 17, 2016|
|AfroCROWD Elected Officials African Diaspora||December 18, 2016|
|WikiWednesday NYC @ Babycastles||December 21, 2016|
|Bay Area WikiSalon @ San Francisco Wikimedia Foundation lounge||December 21, 2016|
|January 2017 +/-|
|Wikipedia & Food (Westchester)||January 11, 2017|
|Wikipedia Day 2017 @ Ace Hotel NYC||January 15, 2017|
|Oxford 46||January 22, 2017|
|Plants & People@ NYBG||January 25, 2017|
|Her Girl Friday + Lenny Women Journos||January 28, 2017|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
- Pharos (talk) 18:51, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
- Newyorkbrad (talk) 19:33, 8 May 2013 (UTC)
Keep me updated as things get closer to the date. I'd say my attendance odds are 75%. --ColonelHenry (talk) 15:57, 9 May 2013 (UTC)Unfortunately cannot attend--work, a board meeting and family issues whittling away most of my scheduled free time. Wait...free time? Is there ever such a thing?--ColonelHenry (talk) 17:45, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- Confirmed and trying to work out a deal with location to see about using grills. Mitch32(It is very likely this guy doesn't have a girlfriend.) 03:46, 2 June 2013 (UTC)
- Jim.henderson (talk) 12:24, 3 June 2013 (UTC) Official grills 400 yards northwest
- Daniel Case (talk) 01:33, 4 June 2013 (UTC)
Becksguy (talk) 23:25, 8 June 2013 (UTC)Can't figure out how to cover previous commitment
- AnnBLea (talk) - sorry guys - i wasn't able to make it. I hope it was a big success though!
- Jihyunb (talk) +1
- Scottandrewhutchins (talk) 23:21, 12 June 2013 (UTC)
- DGG ( talk ) 18:48, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- Stacey Nelson: I am a random California Girl in Manhattan for the summer who just so happens to be going to Prospect Park this weekend and would love to stop by! I don't have a kitchen but I'll try to bring some cookies or something! Thanks!
- Gee Whiz, in my own back yard. If I can't make this one, I'm beyond hope. Probably raid the Green Market at PPark that morning for some goodies. Gosgood (talk) 13:01, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- I'll be in Brooklyn on Saturday, so I'll try to stop by at some point in the afternoon. Kafziel Complaint Department: Please take a number 16:52, 19 June 2013 (UTC)
- I plan to be there but probably not until 4 or 5ish. Outis010 (talk) 20:11, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- conditionaljump Be in by 2, or so.
I might be travelling that weekend...my calendar will get clearer as we get closer to the date. A fluffernutter is a sandwich! (talk) 22:23, 12 May 2013 (UTC)Going to be out of state. A fluffernutter is a sandwich! (talk) 18:39, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- It seems likely (but not certain) that I (and my hubbie) will attend this. Invertzoo (talk) 00:04, 10 June 2013 (UTC)
- I might. I would like to, but my parents and I will have to talk about it. Never have heard of this event before! =`D DASC (talk) 01:01, 17 June 2013 (UTC)
- Committed elsewhere during the day but will try to be there for the evening. SeoMac (talk) 18:25, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- King of ♥ ♦ ♣ ♠ 04:59, 21 June 2013 (UTC)
- "Possibly Maybe" ...(via Bjork) suziewong 05:05, 9 July 2013 (UTC)
- - kosboot (talk) 13:26, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
- - I will be at OAI8, an open access conference, representing Wikimedia NYC. Blue Rasberry (talk) 15:50, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
- - I had a knee replacement nine weeks ago and am still in physical therapy. — Robert Greer (talk) 23:45, 11 June 2013 (UTC)
- - I'm Jewish and can't come on the Sabbath. Everytime I see an email from Pharos I become sad.
- - Sorry, I have to study that weekend. Epicgenius(talk to me • see my contributions) 22:17, 13 June 2013 (UTC)
- - Can't make it :-( AstroCog (talk) 14:08, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- - Attending the Philadelphia WikNic instead. --DThomsen8 (talk) 17:31, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- - Only four days notice? Sorry, but I can't make it with such short notice, especially with the other things I have this month. Nightscream (talk) 17:44, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- - Per Nightscream. I will be in Albany that weekend, unless a friend who is very ill passes away. Bearian (talk) 17:48, 18 June 2013 (UTC)
- - I'm also Jewish and can't come on Saturday.
- - I'm going to be visiting my mom in Florida who is Jewish but that's not relevant.
- even if it's the rain date, it conflicts with DC and Frederick wiknics. --Aude (talk) 15:24, 19 June 2013 (UTC)