|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
This page was created to document the outcomes of the Art+Feminism event held at the Pacific Northwest College of Art's (PNCA) Albert Solheim Library, in Portland, Oregon, on April 29, 2017. The main Art+Feminism organizers discouraged meetup page creation and requested use of the outreach dashboard. However, not all participants used the dashboard page, so this meetup page was created to compile some results from the Portland event.
Wikimedia's gender trouble is well-documented. While the reasons for the gender gap are up for debate, the practical effect of this disparity, however, is not. Content is skewed by the lack of female participation. This represents an alarming absence in an increasingly important repository of shared knowledge.
Let's change that. Join us for a communal updating of Wikipedia entries on subjects related to art and feminism. We will provide tutorials for the beginner Wikipedian, some computers, reference materials, childcare, and refreshments. Bring your laptop, power cord and ideas for entries that need updating or creation. People of all gender identities and expressions are invited to participate.
- Date: Saturday, April 29, 2017
- Time: 11:00am – 4:00pm PST
- Host / Location: Pacific Northwest College of Art Albert Solheim Library, 511 NW Broadway, Portland, OR 97209 (entrance is on 8th Ave.). If you are not a PNCA student, staff or faculty, please sign in at the front desk. The library is on the left as you enter the building.
- Organizers: Linden How
- Subway/Bus: Bus lines close by: 4, 8, 16, 17, 35, 44, 77, Portland Streetcar A & B loops, Green & Yellow Max lines. (See trimet.org for schedules, routes, & to purchase tickets)
- Childcare: Please RSVP by to Linden How at firstname.lastname@example.org with number and ages of children, along with allergies or special needs info.
- Who should attend: People of all gender identities and expressions. Please ask your fellow attendees for their pronouns of choice!
- Hashtag: #artandfeminism #noweditingAF
- Please bring your laptop, power cord and ideas for entries that need updating or creation. For the editing-averse, we urge you to stop by to show your support. ALSO: Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the [Safe Space Policy] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Meetup/ArtandFeminism/Safespacepolicy)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Art+Feminism, Portland, Oregon, April 2017.|
- Alannarisse: Draft:Anna Fidler
- Another Believer: minor edits to Conduit (mural), Tannaz Farsi, Betty Feves, Draft:Anna Fidler, Emily Ginsburg, MK Guth, Dawn Kasper, Kristan Kennedy, Narcissister, Jen Delos Reyes, Heidi Schwegler, Cauleen Smith
- Clairebarrera: Perla Krauze
- Craftattack: improved Nell Dorr (diff)
- IbsenIbsen: User:IbsenIbsen/sandbox
- Lespdx: improved Lois Leveen (diff)
- Lradon: Emily Ginsburg, Heidi Schwegler
- MarieInternette: improved Heidi Schwegler (diff) and MK Guth (diff)
- NellaDovenge: Draft:Intisar Abioto
- Sarah Hovet: User:Sarah Hovet/sandbox
- Ttomasello: improved Perla Krauze (diff)