This year's 2013 San Diego County Wiknic will be held in Poway, next to the train park, and artist center. This event will be co-attended by people from the San Diego County area. Poway is a central location and offers fun for the family including kids. May crosspollination of ideas and merriment abound!
Location and Directions
- Location: The grassy area west of the fountain, next to the creek. Picnic tables and small BBQ are there. Look for a red mini beach ball at a picnic table.
- Street parking abounds
- Farmer's Market in morning next to Old Poway Park - The Poway Farmer's market is Saturdays 8:30 - 11:30.
- Load the Google satellite map from the link below.
- Park in the "Farmer's market" parking lot which is the large rectangular parking lot south / below the "A" pointer on the fountain.
- Walk north, across the street and railroad tracks, to the fountain. 250 to 500 feet (76 to 152 metres)
- Turn 90° to your left and face west.
- Walk toward the gazebo (marked on the Google map), bear to the right until you reach the edge of the sidewalk and creek.
- Turn right, walk until you reach a bridge.
- Turn left, walk across the bridge.
- Look for the red beach ball (it's about 16" in diameter)
- The location we will be in is the tree covered triangular area to the left and up from the Google marker "A". If you load the Wikimapia satellite image, move your mouse over the fountain / center of he map ("hover") to see the pop-up: "Old Poway Park". The shaded area is the park.
- If you email me, I will reply with my cell number. I won't give out my cell number on Wikipedia. To email me or others, you must have an account, be logged in, and have your email enabled. Under Preferences/General at the bottom. You can disable this after you email, if you prefer. Jim1138 (talk)
Coordinates of Old Poway Park Fountain:
What to bring
- food and snacks, enough to feed yourself and a few of your fellow Wikipedians (salads, lunch meats, breads, condiments, etc.)
- sunscreen; maybe a hat
- beach umbrellas
- water and ice
- board games
- portable wiki and free culture awesomeness
Attendees + Food
To help estimate how may people to expect, please sign (~~~~) under the appropriate heading below. Please sign up and bring something delicious to share!
Planning to Attend
- Ccarmichael I will be there with my four pawed friend. It's a dog friendly park!
- Jim1138 I'll be there with my wife! Will add what I'm bringing later.
- Narayansg - I'll probably make it there.
22.214.171.124 Is it actually June 22nd or June 23rd?
If you are unable to attend, please feel free to leave a message to other attendees here.
Please do not sign up as "Unable to Attend" if you are not from this region.
- RightCowLeftCoast, unfortunately I am working from 0800-1600 that day in Sorrento Mesa, but would be more than happy to meet attendees after I am finished with work. There is also the San Diego Comic-Con meetup in July.--22:06, 20 June 2013 (UTC)