|July 2019 +/-|
|Cape Town 17||July 7, 2019|
|London 144||July 14, 2019|
|Delhi||July 14, 2019|
|Ninth Annual Colorado Wiknic in Arvada||July 14, 2019|
|Oxford 74||July 21, 2019|
|San Diego 42 near SDCCI 2019||July 21, 2019|
|August 2019 +/-|
|San Diego 43||August 4, 2019|
|Cape Town 18||August 4, 2019|
|London 145||August 11, 2019|
|Full Meetup Calendar|
For meetups in other languages, see the list on Meta
Danese Cooper who is currently the CTO for Wikimedia, Erik Möller, Deputy Director of Wikimedia Foundation and Alolita Sharma, Engineering Programs Manager, Wikimedia Foundation is visiting Pune from Dec 12-14. This meetup is focused more on technology. See Pune Meetup 3 for a regular wikimeetup.
They are keenly interested in exploring tools, techniques and approaches they might collaborate on in localizing large-scale content repositories. They can do some brief presentations about what Wikimedia is up to. Wikimedia is looking for contributors in Indian content, open source technologies and growing its community in India.
- Presentations from Wikimedia team on their plans and ideas (about one and half hours)
- Santhosh and Hiran to talk about Silpa project and various technologies/tools developed in Indic Computing around Indian wikis so far, future/ongoing projects in this field.
Lunch will be provided at venue.
- Red Hat's i18n team to present their work on language technology
- Red Hat's Localisation team to present their work
- Discussions on these and related topics
They would like to meet local Indic localization community to talk about the amazing work that they’ve accomplished in Linux and open source localization. Wikipedia needs that kind of help since its community in India has some localization contributors but not enough. People interested in Indic Language computing can also attend.
Date and Venue
Date: : Tuesday, 14-December-2010 10:00 AM IST
Venue:: Red Hat Office, Tower 10, Cyber City, Magarpatta City, Hadapsar
- Erik Möller , Deputy Director , Wikimedia Foundation
- Danese Cooper, Chief Technical Officer, Wikimedia Foundation
- Alolita Sharma, Engineering Programs Manager, Wikimedia Foundation
- Santhosh Thottingal, Swathanthra Malayalam Computing, Silpa Project
- Hiran Venugopalan, Ubiqurio Consultancy, Swathanthra Malayalam Computing
- Praveen Arimbrathodiyil, Red Hat, Swathanthra Malayalam Computing, Debian Maintainer
- Rajesh Ranjan, Red Hat, Language Maintainer, Hindi
- Shankar Prasad, Red Hat, Language Maintainer - Kannada
- Manoj Kumar Giri, Red Hat, Language Maintainer - Oriya
- Krishnababu K, Red Hat, Language Maintainer - Telugu
- Rajagopal S Iyer - Interested in Vedic Sanskrit
- User:Shirishag75 , Blogger
- Naveen Kumar, Red Hat, Internationalization (i18n) Engineer
- G Karunakar, IndLinux
- Pravin Satpute, Red Hat, Internationalization (i18n) Engineer
- Srikeit, Admin, En wiki, MBA Student, SIMC Pune
- Sandeep Shedmake, Red Hat, Language Maintainer - Marathi
(we can only seat upto 25 persons at the venue)
Interested but not sure
1. Swapnil Kulkarni, Sourabh Dige and Mihir Kulkarni- College of Engineering,Pune 2. Amol sangle - VIT enginnering college ,pune 3. Sana Khan, College of Engineering Pune 4. Manoj Karkhanis, PSL Pune
- Quick summary of the Wikipedia-Indic Language Technologies meetup -Sankarshan
- wikimedia pune meetup 4 - Shirish
- Indic Localization Standardization Efforts - Ankit Patel
Please list coverage of this event by media here.