Bay area wiki enthusiasts have been gathering since at least 2007. There's a solid community of contributors around here; maybe related to the proximity of Silicon Valley and all the tech-focused creativity that brings; the rich non-profit presence in the area; and the presence, since 2008, of the Wikimedia Foundation's global headquarters. Please use this page to connect with other local Wikipedians! Add your name to a list, announce a planned event here, or propose a meetup!
- SFAI Historical Wiki Loves Monuments Photowalk - Wednesday, September 6, 5:00 - 7:30 PM
- Wiki Loves Monuments Financial District photowalk 2017 - Saturday September 16, 2017, 1 pm
- Bay Area WikiSalon - last Wednesday of every month at Wikimedia Foundation HQ: 149 New Montgomery St, San Francisco, at 6 p.m.
- Add a meetup link here!
- The Black Woman is God Edit-a-Thon - Saturday July 22, 2017, 1-4 pm, at SOMArts (934 Brannan Street)
- Art and Feminism Summer Refresh Editathon - July 11th 2017 @ Flying Pig Bistro, 433 Van Ness
- Bay Area WikiSalon April 2017
- Bay Area WikiSalon March 2017 - We are taking Bay Area WikiSalon on the road and meeting at Noisebridge hackerspace/makerspace at 16th and Mission Streets in San Francisco at 6 p.m.
- SFAI / Art + Feminism Edit-a-thon 2017 - Saturday, March 25th (1-5 PM) at the San Francisco Art Institute, 800 Chestnut St., San Francisco
- Wikipedia:Meetup/San_Francisco/ArtAndFeminism 2017 at CCA, March 10
- Bay Area WikiSalon February 2017
- Wikipedia Day 16
- San Francisco Public Library Pride Editathon, Saturday, June 11, 2016 at 1pm.