Wikipedia:Meetup/San Francisco/Staff edit-a-thon 1
This Wikipedia page is for the first staff lunch-time Wikipedia edit-a-thon at the Wikimedia Foundation.
Want to learn more about how the websites you support work? Want to officially call yourself a proud Wikipedia editor? Have cool photos that you want to share on Commons for the world to use?
It'll be a great chance for you to learn how to edit Wikipedia in a casual environment with support from people you know and trust. Feel free to bring friends.
- August 29, 2012 - Wednesday, 12pm-1:30
- 6th Floor Collab
- Staff and friends who have editing experience of all levels (or none at all!).
- What do I bring?
- Your lunch and a laptop
We will be using non-staff accounts for these edits. So if you don't have one, we encourage you to create a Wikipedia account today that will serve as your personal account.
Content to improve and tasks you can do
Feel free to expand on these lists!!
Articles for improvement or creation
Please add articles and content that needs improvement or creation on Wikipedia.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in San Francisco, California - fill in red links by writing stubs
- Yelp, Inc. - Needs a lead and some clean up.
- Cassette culture - Needs more sources, removal/reduction in original research, etc.
- Cartoon Art Museum - Needs citations, expansion and a photo
- Pied Piper (bar) in the Palace Hotel, San Francisco - Merits its own article
- Old Town, Chicago - Needs cleanup
- Your ideas here
Tasks you can do
- Create a userpage
- Write a new article
- Expand a stub
- Expand a section of an article
- Copyedit articles
- Review article submissions at articles for creation (scroll down)
- Comment on articles for deletion
- Add categories for articles
- New page triage project
- Make a user profile at the Teahouse
- Upload images
- Take photographs and make videos of content that needs media
- Tackle tasks from the master backlog
...and so much more