Wikipedia:Meetup/San Francisco 4
the return of the meetup
|In the area? You're invited to|
|San Francisco Meetup # 4|
|Date: November 10, 2007|
|Place: Ferry Building, SF|
|prev: Meetup 3 - next: Meetup 5 | All SF meetups & events|
Date and time
Vote moved to talk page Let's go for ... Saturday, November 10, 2007 at (roughly) 3:30pm until ??:??!??
- at the big tables by Peet's coffee: between #43 & #45 on this map.
- see previous meetups for ideas. phoebe's looking into friendly indoor locales.
- Wikipedia:Meetup/San Francisco 3
- Wikipedia:Meetup/San Francisco 2
- Add your name to the Invite list if you want to be invited on your talk page to future meetups.. thanks!
- George William Herbert (User:Georgewilliamherbert)
- ProveIt -- I'll wear my Wikipedia shirt again ... it seemed to help people find us last time. -- Prove It (talk) 14:41, 8 November 2007 (UTC)
- Her Pegship (tis herself)
- Mike Linksvayer
- Kat Walsh (spill your mind?)
- BrokenSphereMsg me
Wikidemo (possibly, if I wake up in time)Sorry - next time.
- Conrad T. Pino (tenative)
- Bruce Carleton (Might be late)
Marlith T/C if possibleSorry, maybe in January.
- Calibas (tentative)
Tinned Elk- illness in family, maybe next time
- Gentgeen - I'll try, but I'll be out of town until a little bit before.
- It doesn't look like I'll be making the drive up. Gentgeen 19:34, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
- Sue Gardner
- SkierRMH - really, really hopin' to be there for a bit!
- Ben Kovitz
- Liz Henry - trying to manage it! I need good wheelchair access please.
- rocksanddirt - about a 10% chance this meetup, the top page notice works...I'm out in the valley, so I'd love to come down, but am unlikely to voice an opinion on dates (I'll just come when I can).
- Dirk Riehle
- Eugene Eric Kim
- Newell Post -- I'll try.
- MCB - tentative
- Eugene Zelenko (if I'll manage to converge my plans for this day)
- User:Sam - I'll try to make it, but if so I'll probably be very late. Can someone e-mail me a cell phone number to call to find you if you change locale?
- User:Binksternet I'm working in The City that day but maybe I'll be able to escape in time to say hello.
- ShakataGaNai — Just saw this w/ less than 24 hrs notice, but what the hey. I'll try to make it.
- Jonathan Foerster
- Doom -- I expect I'll be there...
- Leave a note for phoebe or post here.
Q: Why should I attend?
- A: because it's great to get to know other local wikipedians!
Q: Okay, but why 'else'?
- A: because wikipedians are inherently intelligent & interesting people!
Q: Will free WiFi be available?
- A: If you help find a place to meet where it is available ;) I don't think there's any at the ferry building.-- phoebe/(talk) 19:55, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- According to a Google search, there is Free WiFi at the Ferry Building since 2005, but it's substandard.
- A: A few, and a few from Davis, Santa Cruz, the South Bay... I live in the East Bay myself. Georgewilliamherbert 23:10, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
- Binksternet 00:58, 9 November 2007 (UTC) Gee, where am I from?
- This is a friendly and casual get-together for anyone interested, but especially for active Wikipedia editors. Minors are welcome as far as I am concerned, though the group has occasionally gone to a pub or bar after the meetup. -- phoebe/(talk) 22:56, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
Q: So, how was it? Marlith T/C 03:54, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
Q: Yes, I'd like to know how it went, too. I didn't see the geonotice until after 9 pm the day of the meetup. -- CWesling 05:24, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- A: It wasn't all that bad. Although it started out in a very wet start, it was your basic meet-and-greet. Pheobe said that the next meetup might be sometime in January, where we might tour the buiding that holds the Internet Archive. --wL<speak·check> 07:26, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
There are a lot of people in the SF area who might be interested in announcements of Wikipedia meetups. What's the best way to get in touch with all of them? Is it worthwhile starting another local-area-people mailing list? If so, where (and what should it be called?)
- Well, something popped up when I came on today, so good work!! I really need reminding (and have "watched" this page). Sounds like fun. --Tinned Elk 22:53, 4 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ahh, phooey. I checked back a couple of times, but didn't see this in time to make my plans, and I'll be at Golden Gate Fields, helping a friend celebrate her birthday. So I am heartily in favor of an email list. I really want to meet other W'pedians - I like smart, interesting people. Jennifer Brooks 17:25, 10 November 2007 (UTC)
- Thanks. I was wondering where the sudden influence of new people was from ;) I think a mailing list might be a good idea for non-notification stuff -- discussions around where to have meetups, etc -- the kind of thing not everyone might be interested in. -- phoebe/(talk) 05:13, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
- I'd be all for a mailing list. William Pietri 01:31, 6 November 2007 (UTC)
- don't forget about wiki wednesdays Next up:
San Francisco Bay Area Nov 2007 Featured speakers: Ingy döt Net, Casey West, Melissa Ness, Kevin Jones Palo Alto, 695 High St Wednesday, November 7th 6:30pm
Hi, guys. I designed a WikiHelloBadge for the Nov 2007 NYC Meetup for anyone who wants to use it, so if people at other Meetups want to use it, feel free. The design is supposed to represent Wikipedians of every possible persuasion, at least symbolically. I made it a double image so that when you print it out, you can fold it in the middle and laminate it so that's it's double-sided (if you plan on hanging it instead of clipping it). I included spaces so that you can identify yourself by your real name, or your Wiki Username, or both, whichever you feel comfortable with. A high-res version of it is on its upload page. And if someone wants to use it at a Meetup in a location where a language other than English is spoken, feel free to modify the greeting into a different language! After all, it's in the public domain now, so all I ask is attribution! Cheers! Nightscream 17:07, 30 October 2007 (UTC)
Anybody take photos of the get-together? I couldn't make it 'cause work continued longer than I had hoped. Binksternet 00:33, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- I took pictures. Lots of pictures, or at least hopefully one of everyone. I will post them a little later, promise. I think I was told to post them on commons, so I shall have to do that... --ShakataGaNai 06:19, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- Ok. I come bringing pictures. I don't really remember who's who (bad memory for names), so I didn't put any reasonable description on any of the pictures and shoved em all in commons. I know, I probably should have put better descriptions, and categories too - but I'm not perfect. So if you see yourself (or someone you know), you might want to update the descriptions. Without further babling, here they are: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 --ShakataGaNai 08:39, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- I'm picture 16 of that list. -- Prove It (talk) 17:00, 11 November 2007 (UTC)
- I put all images into commons:Category:Wikimedia meetups in San Francisco. I'm happens to be on 5 and 12 :-) --EugeneZelenko 18:25, 11 November 2007 (UTC)