Wikipedia:Meetup/Seattle is a meeting in Seattle which often, but not always, takes place on or around the second Tuesday of every month from 6-8 at Café Allegro in the University District. The purpose of the meeting is to collaborate Wikipedia projects among Seattle-area Wikipedia users and to share in-person Wikipedia training. The meetup is entirely volunteer run. Meetings are free to attend but buy your own coffee. If you intend to come, please put your name on the list!
Café Allegro is in the alley on 43rd between 15th and University Way, Red Square at the University of Washington. At night there is street parking on 15th. Here is Google's entry for the place and a map.. It is among the closest coffee shops to the western side of
Please note that the cafe has two downstairs rooms and one upstairs one. The upstairs room was renovated and it is possible to reserve tables for free or to rent the whole room. Generally we will reserve a table or two. Look for us upstairs at first, but sometimes we will be in the back room on the first floor.
Seattle Wiknic 2018
The Great American Wiknic is an annual wiki-picnic held in cities across the United States on or around a common day every summer. The 2018 Seattle Wiknic will be on Saturday, August 25, 2018, 12pm to 3pm, at the Washington Park Arboretum.
Monthly meetup (reviving) Tuesday September 11, 2018, 6pm to 8pm
- WikiConference North America 2018, October 18-21, 2018 (Thu, Oct /18: WikidataCon/Hackathon, Fri, Oct /19: Culture Crawl, Sat/Sun, Oct 20-21: Main Program with Tracks), Ohio State University, Columbus, OH, US
- Spokane Futures: A Wikipedia Edit-a-thon, Saturday, October 6, 2018 10:15am-12:30pm, Spokane Public Library
- Possible reflection on how 9/11 changed Wikipedia. See Keegan, Brian C. (2014-09-01). "A History of Newswork on Wikipedia" (PDF)., which "examines how the outpouring of editorial effort on the English Wikipedia in response to the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 (hereafter, “9/11”) influenced subsequent responses to current events on Wikipedia."
- Probably attending
- Peaceray (talk) 06:17, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- SounderBruce 08:32, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- Auldhouse (talk) 17:54, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
- Maybe attending